Grand Texas Theme Park At 23065 Highway 242

The plans for this were originally for Tomboll, but they found a better deal for land in New Caney. The Grand Texas Theme Park is going to breakground the 15 of October and Open 2015.

Here is the link to their website http://www.grandtexas.net/grandtexasthemeparkB.html

*Main Street

This is an area of a Texas Style downtown where you can dine and shop.

*Flint Ranch

This area is a Texas Ranch, also a zoo where you can ride horses too.

*Pecos Bill's Jamboree

This area is the most entertaining and thrilling place in the whole theme park. In here there are all the rides for the family.

Here is a list of some of the rides

-Timber! Wooden Coaster

- Widowmaker Coaster

-Sure Shot Drop Tower

- Quick Draw

-TX2 Step

- Tumbleweeds

- Heart of Texas Carousel

- Wagon Train Ferris Wheel

- Whirly Dervish

- Barnstormers

- I-45 Pile Up Bumper Cars

- Red River Rapids

- Scrambler

- Great Texas Balloon Chase

- Traffic Jam

- Steam Engine Stampede Coaster

- Big Rig Rush

*Wild Texas Frontier

Here you are able to go through a Texas Nature type of area and zip line glide.

*Gunslingers

This is a Paintball Arena where you will go through different places.

post-11442-0-43976300-1363041842_thumb.j

post-11442-0-81657100-1363041966_thumb.j

post-11442-0-42972900-1363042010_thumb.j

post-11442-0-70849100-1363042446_thumb.j

post-11442-0-56896300-1363042604_thumb.j

ugh. There's already a Six Flags of Texas in Arlington and a Fiesta Texas in San Antonio.

I am a native Texan, but the Texan theme is so tired. At least the dinosaur thing had a different angle.

Edited by KinkaidAlum

According to the yourhoustonnews site 

Two theme parks are going to be built in New Caney, by this I mean Earthquest Adventures and Grand Texas Theme Park. The website say's Earthquest Adventures has hired an investment firm call Stem Brother's and CO. Anyway's if you read their post it will give great detail's of the project's progress.

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2013/03/amusement-park-in-the-works-for-texas-city/

Posted on their site January 13, 2013

Edited by TowerSpotter

I couldnt find the Earthquest Adventures post, maybe i passed it up but i checked twice.

Anyways here is more news for the project posted March 21, 2013

Link: http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/east_montgomery/news/earthquest-developers-plan-to-close-on-land-in-june/article_3e43c818-839e-57b2-8c4d-cb46e49dce9a.html

Edited by TowerSpotter

I spoke with one of the engineers working on this project and he told me that with this being geared more towards the family crowd, the average person is going to find this project disappointing.

He said the ones calling the shots are hell bent on having this park be a certain way, that is until demand for more roller coasters and thrill seeking rides forces them to change their point of view.

• Like 1

I spoke with one of the engineers working on this project and he told me that with this being geared more towards the family crowd, the average person is going to find this project disappointing.

He said the ones calling the shots are hell bent on having this park be a certain way, that is until demand for more roller coasters and thrill seeking rides forces them to change their point of view.

Isn't that pretty much the exact story of what happened with Fiesta, Texas in San Antonio?

I think it is safe to say that anyone expecting Grand Texas to resemble Six Flags Over Texas or Fiesta Texas on opening day will be disappointed. Those theme parks took decades to accumulate the ride selection they have today. Six Flags Over Texas has something like 12 roller coasters. Grand Texas is supposed to have 2 or 3 on opening day. It will take years for Grand Texas to rival the established theme parks that have been in business for decades.

But the good news is that as long as the park has the room and the funds to expand there is always the possibility that Grand Texas might grow into something really good one day, maybe even something that rivals the big parks. A lot of the great parks of today had humble beginnings. I'm very happy with the area they are building in. Those shady pines will give the park a great green atmosphere. I just hope they don't cheap out on the buildings and infrastructure, so that the park starts off with a good potential.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...