Grand Texas Theme Park At 23065 Highway 242

http://www.click2houston.com/news/former-astroworld-gm-at-helm-of-new-theme-park-grand-texas/-/1735978/20889098/-/ka3dyf/-/index.html

I don't expect that this park will be everybody's cup of tea but I have to admire Chuck Hendrix for trying to make it up to Houston for the loss of AstroWorld.   Just think, if everything goes right, Houston won't be the largest metro in America without a theme park anymore. Welcome to the big time, Houston!

Oh, I mean - this sucks. It looks cheezy. It will be hot and full of annoying, rude, ugly people. I hate their guts. I hate everything.

The new improved Mr. X relates to all! 

• Like 1

http://www.click2houston.com/news/former-astroworld-gm-at-helm-of-new-theme-park-grand-texas/-/1735978/20889098/-/ka3dyf/-/index.html

I don't expect that this park will be everybody's cup of tea but I have to admire Chuck Hendrix for trying to make it up to Houston for the loss of AstroWorld.   Just think, if everything goes right, Houston won't be the largest metro in America without a theme park anymore. Welcome to the big time, Houston!

Oh, I mean - this sucks. It looks cheezy. It will be hot and full of annoying, rude, ugly people. I hate their guts. I hate everything.

The new improved Mr. X relates to all! 

Whatever your prescription is... I want some.  Or are you just high on Hines after today?  Either way, pass it on brah.  :D

Does this mean the only things we'll be last in is an MLB team with no ring, and public transit?

I guess if Bucee's can be a cool brand, the piney woods theme- park donkey is not such a stretch.     Eww I just got a little shiver of self-loathing typing that.

• Like 1

That's how it might appear to people who have some reading comprehension issues. You "srsly" might want to go back and re-read the thread. I won that battle hands downs as I always do.  :P

If I got 'owned' then you got dementia.

Edited by Mister X

That's how it might appear to people who have some reading comprehension issues. You "srsly" might want to go back and re-read the thread. I won that battle hands downs as I always do.  :P

If I got 'owned' then you got dementia.

You lost so get over it and quit embarrassing yourself any further.

• Like 1

Probably.

Now I know what Johnny Guitar must have felt like every time some two-bit character with a chip on his should blew into town looking for a fight. When will you punks ever learn? Oh well, I guess this is what happens when one's reputation precedes them.

Now go do your homework and let the adults talk about amusement parks in peace.

aaaaajohnny20.jpg

Edited by Mister X
  • Like 2

I agree. I am not feeeling this themepark! But atleast they are going through with building it. If it had a ton of rides I would be good with it, but I don't want to see horses and.....country stuff unless the rides are there to add to the experience! I wish EarthQuest was happening though. I'm also excited about this one: http://rcsentertainment.com/projects.htm

Love 'em both. I think if built, they will complement each other very well. Two different themes. One celebrates a culture. One celebrates science. Just like in Southern California, one park celebrates dreams and the other celebrates history.

Houston is not known for it's family friendly entertainment venues. It is amazing to me that anyone (other than those who live near the park) would have any problems with a theme park being built near Houston, when we have NOTHING like this nearby.

I still think beggers can't be choosers when it comes to this sort of thing. Theme parks are just about IMPOSSIBLE to build these days. New ones don't come along everyday. Some people look at the lame video and think Grand Texas will be cheezy, hokie and cheap and maybe it will be, but I am just excited that there will finally be a place started that may have the possibility to grow and compete with the big guys one day. Getting it started is no small feat. Adding to it will be simple by comparison.

Has nothing to do with self-loathing. Let's not make it deeper than what it is. I'm tired of Houston being depicted as a country cowboy town with nothing but cattle, cowboys and cowgals. I just want Houston to be more international. Come on, think outside of the box.

Edited by treblelino
  • Like 2

I spent several years living overseas and when I would tell people I am from Chicago they often would have never heard of it. In general people had heard of New York (for obvious reasons), California (Hollywood), and Texas (Cowboys, country music, etc...) One of the major reasons I chose to move here was due to the culture. Texas has a wonderful and unique culture that is distinctly Texan. Rugged individualism, patriotism, pride of place, heritage, friendliness, and of course all of the cultural stereotypes. Maybe it's something many native Texans can't see because they're so used to it but many states don't have this. Honestly, what is Illinois' culture other than thinking of Chicago, or Iowa or Indiana or many other states.

I read comments on this site all of the time and hear them in passing where people complain of Texas culture, show disdain for it, or want it to change or go away. I don't understand this sentiment. Culture is what makes so many things in life unique and special. We live in an era of multiculturalism and it's often stated on this site how great it is that so many people from other countries live in Houston and bring a small part of their culture with them. Why doesn't that apply to the local culture? Why do so many say that "other" culture is good but Texas culture is bad?

Trebelino, what good is cosmopolitanism or internationalism without the individual parts that make up those concepts (read: cultures). I'm not trying to attack you or argue with you, I just truly don't understand the double standard and I'm not just referring to you.

This might be a good idea for a new thread maybe I'll repost this somewhere else.

I started a new thread for this comment in the Off Topic section.

Edited by arndthwrld82
  • Like 3

Has nothing to do with self-loathing. Let's not make it deeper than what it is. I'm tired of Houston being depicted as a country cowboy town with nothing but cattle, cowboys and cowgals. I just want Houston to be more international. Come on, think outside of the box.

That's just Hollywood and Madison Ave for you. Houston already is more international than just about anyone except Houstonians know. The vast majority of people who have never been to Houston or even Texas get their ideas about us by watching reruns of Dallas. Having a Texas themed park, however hokie the execution, is actually a break from the normal for Houston. Kinda like the Rodeo.

• Like 2

I spent several years living overseas and when I would tell people I am from Chicago they often would have never heard of it. In general people had heard of New York (for obvious reasons), California (Hollywood), and Texas (Cowboys, country music, etc...) One of the major reasons I chose to move here was due to the culture. Texas has a wonderful and unique culture that is distinctly Texan. Rugged individualism, patriotism, pride of place, heritage, friendliness, and of course all of the cultural stereotypes. Maybe it's something many native Texans can't see because they're so used to it but many states don't have this. Honestly, what is Illinois' culture other than thinking of Chicago, or Iowa or Indiana or many other states.

I read comments on this site all of the time and hear them in passing where people complain of Texas culture, show disdain for it, or want it to change or go away. I don't understand this sentiment. Culture is what makes so many things in life unique and special. We live in an era of multiculturalism and it's often stated on this site how great it is that so many people from other countries live in Houston and bring a small part of their culture with them. Why doesn't that apply to the local culture? Why do so many say that "other" culture is good but Texas culture is bad?

Trebelino, what good is cosmopolitanism or internationalism without the individual parts that make up those concepts (read: cultures). I'm not trying to attack you or argue with you, I just truly don't understand the double standard and I'm not just referring to you.

This might be a good idea for a new thread maybe I'll repost this somewhere else.

I started a new thread for this comment in the Off Topic section.

Those are good points, well said.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest Update:

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/atascocita/news/construction-projects-continues-to-progress-in-east-montgomery-county/article_924305f8-82ca-5f9b-bfb8-3dbb15b9abad.html

Grand Texas Theme Park Developer Monty Galland only stated that the construction on the park continues to progress as they clear the land for the park and conduct surveys.

Developers officially closed the deal on the land purchase for the 600-acre tract of land July 8 located on FM 242 near U.S. Highway 59 in New Caney.

“Grand Texas is the name for both the theme park and the entertainment district. This is a theme park based on Texas history and culture,” Monty Galland with the Grand Texas Theme Park said at the EMCID meeting back in February.

“The park will feature the elements of a typical theme park with a couple of major roller coasters and carousel to name a few but it will also have elements that you will not typically find in a theme park like a museum, a focus on live entertainment like music and dance and an exploration of Texas history and culture.”

By mid-October, they plan to have site work completed and beginning to build the infrastructure. They are looking at an opening date of March 12, 2015.

The total development costs are $205 to $220 million. The developers anticipate attendance to be 650,000 a year to visit their various attractions which include a water park, dining, retail, a paintball field and possibly even a RV park in the future to name a few of the additions.

The Grand Texas Theme Park is a compliment to the EarthQuest Adventures park which is still in the pictured.

• Like 1