Midtown Retail Development

ricco67

what ever happened to this? still sitting idle?

Eh. This is all I could find so far...

construction won't start until 2009 at the earliest.

http://swamplot.com/midtown-mix-fit-for-leasing/2008-02-25/

CrossPoint Properties has more developments though.

http://www.crosspointproperties.com/prop5.htm

Edited by UpuPUp!

Ive never seen this, but wow! If only this could have happened, this is really nice. What part of town would this have been in? Its perfect! Its on an actual street, development is also across the street, its just too perfect. Wish some how that it could happen.

ok, its in midtown, exactly what that area needs.

and I have seen this before on here, and I saw the sign in person.

Edited by citykid09

Well, a year later and they still haven't leased a single spot on the ground floor of the 24 Hour Fitness building (labeled with signage as "The Mix", even though it only has one tenant) ... so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say nothing will happen on the lot across the street for a very long time.

On a positive note, all of the slots in the Maple Leaf strip center are finally leased, and, just beyond that, Saint Danes is quite popular.

It's weird because at one point they acted like the lot across the street from the 24 Hour Fitness building was going to be called "The Mix" and now apparently the 24 Hour Fitness building is called "The Mix".

It's weird because at one point they acted like the lot across the street from the 24 Hour Fitness building was going to be called "The Mix" and now apparently the 24 Hour Fitness building is called "The Mix".

Hmmm...interesting. How did you deduce that?

Isn't there a sign on the current 24 Hour Fitness building that says "The Mix" and didn't there used to be a website and a sign across the street saying that empty lot was going to be "The Mix"? Or am I mistaken?

Drove by earlier; there is a fence that is up across the street from the existing structure covered in banners/renderings/etc. Might be on hold due to the economy, but this doesn't look too far off, consider how many other properties they managed to get done lately.

Well, I noticed several weeks ago that the signs and coverings have been removed. So, I don't really know what to make of this.
Drove by earlier; there is a fence that is up across the street from the existing structure covered in banners/renderings/etc. Might be on hold due to the economy, but this doesn't look too far off, consider how many other properties they managed to get done lately.

:huh: So the renderings of The Mix are still up? Yes? No?

Edited by UpuPUp!

Well, if they were covered up before, then I guess the ones I saw earlier were new. I don't remember any banners on any wire fences the last time I passed that intersection (which was just a few days prior).

Edited by UrbaNerd

The whole multi-building development, on both sides of the street, was always "The Mix"

The whole multi-building development, on both sides of the street, was always "The Mix"

I don't think so. A while back I asked for info on the proposed building across the street and Crosspoint called it "The Mix" while the other one with 24 Hour Fitness was separate. At least that was what I thought. If you read back in the thread you'll see where the "Mix" name popped up on the lot across from the 24 Hour Fitness place and I even emailed Crosspoint to ask about it and they said they would be announcing more info about the new development soon. They never did, but they did put a sign up on the 24 Hour Fitness building calling it "The Mix" months later.

Edited by Jax

I don't think so. A while back I asked for info on the proposed building across the street and Crosspoint called it "The Mix" while the other one with 24 Hour Fitness was separate. At least that was what I thought. If you read back in the thread you'll see where the "Mix" name popped up on the lot across from the 24 Hour Fitness place and I even emailed Crosspoint to ask about it and they said they would be announcing more info about the new development soon. They never did, but they did put a sign up on the 24 Hour Fitness building calling it "The Mix" months later.

Here's a link to a May 29, 2008 invitation to a ULI event focused on the Mix @ Midtown. Note that it describes it as a 5-block development and shows a picture of the 24-Hour Fitness building and specifically states the project will include 24 Hour Fitness.

The Mix @ Midtown

So workers have built a wooden framework in the northern section of the ground floor... it doesn't look like a store buildout... it is set back a few feet from the windows and is only about 7 ft high... I'm think they will use it for advertising or something.

So workers have built a wooden framework in the northern section of the ground floor... it doesn't look like a store buildout... it is set back a few feet from the windows and is only about 7 ft high... I'm think they will use it for advertising or something.

Drove by today and they have actually torn off all of the glass on the side of the building for that corner. The wooden framework is to keep people from walking into the building. Any ideas as to what is going on?

I'm now thinking they must have found a tenant for that slot and are adapting the glass/entry.

Here is the layout of the ground floor.

The work appears to be only on the 7700 sqft slot... so maybe a restaurant? Or maybe that glass/steel was defective.

Yes they did! I just walked by and saw two notices posted on the glass for code enforcement. The purpose is for "Restaurant build out" and the tenant is Kabuki! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like Crosspoint is doing some remodeling to one of the older buildings a few blocks away, I think on Milam. This is one of those building that has had renderings up on the wall for a long time, so maybe they are going forward with them. The renderings make it look to be a restaurant or bar.

Can someone tell me, was this below.........

midtown-mix-corner.jpg

(continued) supposed to look like this?

2nbx2wz.jpg

No, the rendering appears to be on the northwest corner of Elgin/Louisiana, opposite the 24hr Fitness. (See downtown in the background.)

No, the rendering appears to be on the northwest corner of Elgin/Louisiana, opposite the 24hr Fitness. (See downtown in the background.)

So is the 24 Hour Fittness on the right where the guy on the bike is in the rendering? The building on the left is brick, and the other building on the far right (distance) seems taller, so it must be out of site of the rendering??? Correct?

So is the 24 Hour Fittness on the right where the guy on the bike is in the rendering? The building on the left is brick, and the other building on the far right (distance) seems taller, so it must be out of site of the rendering??? Correct?

The rendering is "taken" from the corner of the 24hr. The building on the left (stucco) is The Calais.