Dolce Midtown: Multifamily At 210 W. Gray St.

DrLan34

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it's definitely moving forward based on these pics... But they've let certain areas to deteriorate.

I hope you're right, seems like a lot of money has already been sunk into it for them to quit now. I'm just surprised they let it go as much as they have. Repairs to the neglect will only increase the final cost.

I wonder if they had some mechanical issues that required them to replace the slewing gear? Isn't the 3rd westernmost crane is building the Pro Guard storage building not the apartments?

My mistake, think you are absolutely correct. The third crane or westermost crane is for pro gaurd.

• 2 weeks later...

Poor management wouldn't surprise me in the least. They've run the site shoddily since the start. Bailey Street was torn to heck, and they were blocking it regularly without any street closure permit. They used to put up road closure signs during work hours, but then take them down on the weekends, despite there being a sinkhole about 2 feet deep in the middle of the road. Doubly good at night, since they knocked the street light out early on. It's been a half-arsed job all around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This project, along with the storage facility adjacent to it have quite the street presence. I spend some time at the dessert shop at Post (quite nice for those who havent tried it) and we walked down gray and it'll be impressive once these apartments come online. more street traffic hopefully. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A few months back things had really slowed down. Definitely a week or two straight with no activity that I noticed (I live a few blocks away). Over the last month or so there the work has picked up. They have been closing one lane on W Gray pretty regularly and trucks have been going in and out. And their staging area has had plenty of material come in and out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived