Dolce Midtown: Multifamily At 210 W. Gray St.

DrLan34

Yeah, they already have retail planned next to cafe Layal and sudden impact as well as the empty lots next to it (until the church) are all up for sale.

Saw some site clearing on the little lot next to the church the other day. Don't know what anyone would do with that plot right now. Can't imagine the church being too many years away from a sale either.

Thanks for informing me, hopefully they will be redeveloped into something more fitting for the area.

Eh, there's nothing wrong with the houses themselves (at least nothing more or less wrong with them than the rest of the cheaply built townhouses in the area). Main thing is that many of them are poorly landscaped or not really well taken care of because the original owners don't have the funds to keep them up.

Housing "initiatives" never cease to amaze me. People can't afford houses to begin with so we subsidize the purchase. Then we're shocked to find out that unreliable buyers don't have the funds and can't keep them up either, and they subsequently fall into disrepair.

A few of the houses that I know have turned over to new ownership are quite nice and well taken care of. Personally I like the two stories much more than the overly abundant three stories that dominate the area, a little variety never hurt. Would like to see some start coming up for sale to young buyers who can put a little money into them and keep them viable.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for informing me, hopefully they will be redeveloped into something more fitting for the area.

They are going nowhere. Come to grips with them. If it makes you feel better, I know several of the owners. They are great people, and do not fit the profile most would associate with the stereotypical "low income" buyer. Most are flight attendants.

Word is that this will be a mixed use development with ROB. Retail on bottom, 2-3 parking floors, and 4-5 multifamily apartments on top. Supposedly similar to Post Midtown.

We will see what actually materializes.

post-9042-0-61087400-1359783876_thumb.jp

Now THIS is what I'm talking about! This is awesome, mid-rise apartments, built up to the sidewalk east coast style, with ground level retail included to keep the flow going from the retail that starts at the Post, making almost the entire stretch of gray st walkable from bagby to taft, NICE!

some more details

188 Units

5000 sq ft of street level amenities (fitness center, etc)

6,578 sq ft of ROB

Looks like 6 full stories with 1 full story of extra facade to cover the mechanical equipment... looks like 7 stories will be coming to West Gray

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Variance was approved.  Latest design attached.  Seems like we no longer have retail.

There is now 5000 sq ft "Amenity Center - east side" and 1,400 sq ft "Amenity Center - west side" in addition to the apartments...

Variance was approved.  Latest design attached.  Seems like we no longer have retail.

There is now 5000 sq ft "Amenity Center - east side" and 1,400 sq ft "Amenity Center - west side" in addition to the apartments...

You had to post this on a Friday?  This is going to ruin Howard's weekend!

That sucks. Probably didn't help that Post seems to be having a little trouble getting bites on their new ground floor. (I know it hasn't been there long)

I heard from a potential commercial tenant that the buildout costs they are quoting have been outrageous, and the commercial tenants also are required to carry extra insurance to protect the residential tenants above from damages (I haven't heard that residents are required to carry any extra). The landlord has also been very particular about desiring that businesses attract only certain types of customers (aiming for a specific demographic), and tenants are required to be open during evenings and Sundays.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank god the shacks behind this on Victor won't be touched.  I would hate to see the shanties get torn down.  Every time I drive by them, it makes me think that I live some exotic, like a slum in Bombay or Rio.  

LOL --  a few of them have been removed already - not sure what is happening to the remaining ones...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived