Dolce Midtown: Multifamily At 210 W. Gray St.

DrLan34

I wonder what the story is behind this building? Only 2 guys must be working on it, the eastern building is starting to look in disrepair already. Hines could have built a 200 story building in the time it's taking these guys. I wonder if they are hoping for a insurance payout.

77PBNKK.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They put down all the framework and rebar and actually laid some sidewalk today along Gray. Progress, but the facade of the western buildings hasn't been touched so I assume the fencing will remain up for some time and the new sidewalk won't be accessible.

1 minute ago, cspwal said:

Two construction workers!  They've doubled their workforce!

Don't get too excited... I think they may have just been the taco truck employees installing a new vent duct on the truck's roof. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Lawsuit filed today by Total Site Inc. against Dolce Living Investments LLC; DLC at Midtown LLC; Ivor Krivor; Ruslan Krivoruchko; John Zagst; Dayle Middleton; Jonathan Coldea, Florida residents:  "Defendants owe plaintiff more than $1.1 million for water mitigation equipment and installation services."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow - this board has been pretty hard on long construction projects. This thread was started in 2013, they need to call one of those express funding places and get a predatory loan to get this built and delivered. Certainly renters will help drive some ROI as it sits 70% done it's insane.

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2018 at 1:56 PM, Chi-Char-Hou-Dal said:

Wow - this board has been pretty hard on long construction projects. This thread was started in 2013, they need to call one of those express funding places and get a predatory loan to get this built and delivered. Certainly renters will help drive some ROI as it sits 70% done it's insane.

They have every incentive to finish as soon as possible ... how have they not defaulted?

• 3 weeks later...

Can the City of Houston sue the developer for keeping Bailey St closed? Combined with the Genesee St construction, it's difficult to get out of 4th ward going south.

Is there precedent for such action? Even if the developer is deadbeat, that property is worth nearly $25 million (see 2 entries for 180 W GRAY ST on hcad.org). The community deserves financial compensation for lost time and added inconvenience.

• 3 months later...

Just closed on a house near this development. I walked by and two guys were working on the eastern-most building. The western most had one security guard walking around. There are multiple windows broken out, drywall that has been vandalized, graffiti, and ruined plaster. I guess I get to watch this go on for a while now.

On 6/6/2018 at 1:03 PM, thatguysly said:

Just closed on a house near this development. I walked by and two guys were working on the eastern-most building. The western most had one security guard walking around. There are multiple windows broken out, drywall that has been vandalized, graffiti, and ruined plaster. I guess I get to watch this go on for a while now.

Welcome to the neighborhood, I’m right by Bethel Park

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2018 at 6:42 PM, mattyt36 said:

Welcome to the neighborhood, I’m right by Bethel Park

Awesome. I am close to West Webster Park.

In an update, they were delivering a flatbed of drywall this weekend. There were more workers on site as well. Not a full crew but at least 20 instead of the normal 5 or so.

I've been on Bailey in 4th Ward since 2008, and have forgotten what it's like to be able to use my own street. At what point does a "temporary closure" become a permanent closure that would have required a variance?

Even if they ever do finish this boondoggle, anyone want to take odds on these guys repairing the completely destroyed road?

• 1 month later...

Archived