Dolce Midtown: Multifamily At 210 W. Gray St.

DrLan34

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have already mostly built out 6 stories as apartments with two floors of parking underneath (partially under ground i believe). if they make one of these floors retail, could they meet their parking requirements? Also there doesn't seem to be a 'ground' street level floor the way the parking is built. should be interesting if they really are going to make this change...

On 8/31/2018 at 5:00 PM, skwatra said:

They have already mostly built out 6 stories as apartments with two floors of parking underneath (partially under ground i believe). if they make one of these floors retail, could they meet their parking requirements? Also there doesn't seem to be a 'ground' street level floor the way the parking is built. should be interesting if they really are going to make this change...

Agree. I don't see how they could add significant amounts of GFR the way the building is currently constructed.

Also, this is not the phase of a project where you ask for a building line variance. Especially on the W. Gray frontage. It's possible that they want to bump out a little to squeeze in a coffee shop or convenience store off the lobby. But it wouldn't shock me if there were some kind of surveying error, and one of the buildings is a few inches from where it should be, thus violating the building line on the current plat.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:48 AM, DrLan34 said:

IMG_2229.PNG

If they finally do the right thing, then it was all worth it.

Also, Houston has undergone a sea change since this project began. Just a few years ago, people were still saying GFR wouldn't work in Houston. Now it seems like everything proposed has GFR. If you have the Ginger Man next door to you, it's really a no-brainer.

On 9/3/2018 at 8:38 AM, Angostura said:

Agree. I don't see how they could add significant amounts of GFR the way the building is currently constructed.

Also, this is not the phase of a project where you ask for a building line variance. Especially on the W. Gray frontage. It's possible that they want to bump out a little to squeeze in a coffee shop or convenience store off the lobby. But it wouldn't shock me if there were some kind of surveying error, and one of the buildings is a few inches from where it should be, thus violating the building line on the current plat.

Called it. From the variance request:

The concrete structure of the building itself encroaches approximately 0.25’ or 3” into the 15’ building line along West Gray Avenue in 2 locations – one area on the western block and one area on the eastern block. [...] 

The encroachments were discovered when the owner, DLC at Midtown LLC, contracted Jones|Carter (JC) to perform an ALTA/NSPS Land Title Survey based on the existing, or as-built, conditions of the site during the period March 15-28, 2018. JC processed the field work data on March 29, 2018 through April 4, 2018 and observed encroachments of less than 0.2 feet. JC notified the owner of the encroachments and gathered additional field data to double check what was tied in the field. The encroachments were verified within a standard survey tolerance of 0.04 feet. The initial survey was issued to the lender on April 4, 2018 and after the lender’s review the final survey was issued on May 4, 2018. The applicant initially met with Planning Staff on May 21st to discuss the project and obtain feedback regarding steps to address the encroachment issues. As a result of that meeting and additional email coordination, this variance is being requested to bring the project into compliance, as there is no viable alternative to remove the encroachment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

While in the Camden thread I had posted this. Thought I post it here too.

"Drove past there a few days ago. They have made a lot of progress since switching to a different contractor. Looks like the only thing left is site work and interiors."

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/16/2018 at 4:27 PM, skwatra said:

Dolce in the background. Alta topped off in the way background. Much more important (and already open!) development in the foreground. 

1D874D16-9EF0-4964-8705-4C70FAB1CBC5.thumb.jpeg.18939f321a919dc7a0c5946a8104c180.jpeg

I believe this place has already closed...

40 minutes ago, skwatra said:

Yes, they closed last fall. When I lived down the street we went often, and it was always empty. Good food and beer. I have a feeling they relied on their name but it just didn't draw like they expected.

I went once because I could walk there during the World Cup. They weren't sowing the game and finally put it on int eh corner for us and said we aren't a sports bar. I looked around that there were two other people there. Anyway, I wish it would have lasted since it was easy to get to. It never caught on.

23 hours ago, thatguysly said:

I went once because I could walk there during the World Cup. They weren't sowing the game and finally put it on int eh corner for us and said we aren't a sports bar. I looked around that there were two other people there. Anyway, I wish it would have lasted since it was easy to get to. It never caught on.

Im really curious why they or anyone would be hesitant or upset to put something on the TV for a customer?  I’m a sports fan myself and anytime I ask it’s usually 50-50 whether or not a little attitude comes my way.  If not an attitude people definitely get visibly annoyed a lot of times.  

23 hours ago, thatguysly said:

Im really curious why they or anyone would be hesitant or upset to put something on the TV for a customer?  I’m a sports fan myself and anytime I ask it’s usually 50-50 whether or not a little attitude comes my way.  If not an attitude people definitely get visibly annoyed a lot of times.  

• 2 months later...
On 3/12/2019 at 2:23 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

Unrelated but was in NYC for work and stumbled (not literally) upon a Ginger Man with the exact same logo in Midtown.

Not linked to the website of the other Texas locations. Wonder what the connection is.

https://www.gingerman-ny.com/

I'm not sure how the ownership structure work, but it is the same Ginger Man. Original was in Rice Village from the 80's and they have locations in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, NYC, and Boston.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Dolce Midtown: Multifamily At 210 W. Gray St.

Archived