Hanover Southampton: Multifamily At 5122 Morningside Dr.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder what will become of that strip of land with the small gray building on the same parcel just to the west of it.

Looks like a two story structure with retail would be the only thing that would suite it well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Timoric, the TMC skyline currently looks most like Austin (before it got a few 40+ story towers). The new towers planned for the TMC will redefine it, giving it a distinct new skyline identity.

I hope TMC goes the way of Austin and starts getting some 40+ story towers.

• Like 1

Those three towers I mentioned might not be considered signature designs but they will add to the density and massing in the med center.

I think the three hospitals, Methodist (under construction), Herman(broke ground last week), and Texas Children are all roughly 23 - 25 stories. They are hardly skyscrapers, and as we have all seen renderings for them, they're nice but not signature or iconic in design. There is also a plan for a 25-30 story mixed use hotel/residential tower, planned for Main just north of Holcombe, and the 21 story

residential tower that is going up right now on McGregor and Cambridge next to the Spires.

This will definitely have a major effect on the med center but its not adding anything over 25 stories.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...