Hanover Southampton: Multifamily At 5122 Morningside Dr.

Urbannizer let me be the first to wish you an early happy birthday! I'm glad to bring you updates on this project. You provide us with so much inside material, and I know everyone enjoys getting it. This just happens to be a couple of blocks from my office.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember walking around this area a couple weeks again. Hanovers development next to this is already a wonderful addition to that area. Great scale and has some nice spaces. This will be an awesome addition! Can't wait to see more of it. I like the fact that it faces Morningside Dr. pointing proudly towards Rice and the medical district.

• 4 weeks later...

The way Rice has been slowly using up the parking lot on the other side of the stadium - new tennis courts, continuing studies building, opera house?-  makes me think this parcel is still critical to their long-term plans.  I do wonder what the market price would be for a large tract like that though.....

Rice Stadium is a decent looking sports facility.  Too big for what it is, and who uses it, but still a nice modern stadium.  I thought I heard/read years ago that the stadiums east side uppper deck would be replacaed by some sort of multi-use recreation/indoor sports arena facility?

Regardless, the west side of campus has plenty of room for Rice to continue to expand.

Rice Stadium is a decent looking sports facility.  Too big for what it is, and who uses it, but still a nice modern stadium.  I thought I heard/read years ago that the stadiums east side uppper deck would be replacaed by some sort of multi-use recreation/indoor sports arena facility?

Regardless, the west side of campus has plenty of room for Rice to continue to expand.

I think it's an exceptional example of modernist sports stadium. It was one the first of it's kind in the nation and if you ever read about the building process it's pretty cool. It was built at incredible speed too.

Not to mention it's where JFK made his signature "ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country". If you ever read the bit after that he mentions the upcoming game between Rice and t.u. lol. Not many people know that.

• Like 1

Agreed, great place to watch a game. Really not a bad seat in the house. 

Last time I was in there, they still had (very aged) wooden benches. 

I think it's an exceptional example of modernist sports stadium. It was one the first of it's kind in the nation and if you ever read about the building process it's pretty cool. It was built at incredible speed too.

Not to mention it's where JFK made his signature "ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country". If you ever read the bit after that he mentions the upcoming game between Rice and t.u. lol. Not many people know that.

I believe you are actually refering to the "why we must go to the moon" speach. The "ask not..." was his inagural speech. I learned that at Texas ; )

• Like 1

I believe you are actually refering to the "why we must go to the moon" speach. The "ask not..." was his inagural speech. I learned that at Texas ; )

That's right! I sometimes get those mixed up. He always had too many good speeches lol

Couldn't remember if it was that one or the other.

I wonder if Hanover has anymore properties in this area. With this one and the other that they have built I wouldn't mind if they redeveloped most of University Place. Walking along that new complex and then walking beyond it is like night and day in terms of quality of the streetscape.

Edited by Luminare

• 1 month later...