Hanover Southampton: Multifamily At 5122 Morningside Dr.

Hmmm, this looks like it could be twin towers on a shared base unless the two tower parts connect on the Western side of the building. However, the new rendering clearly labels the Southern-most tower "South Hanover."

Also, this is going up on Morningside @ Bolsover but wont reach Kelvin St. The Kelvin Arms, Benjy's, and Local are safe. Whew. Those are neighborhood staples.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@KinkaidAlum is right: This new rendering seems to have the same perspective as the first one; it's looking at the building as through from Morningside. (So it's looking west.) It'll take up half the lot; the Tangley office building and the Village Common with Benjy's, Local Foods, et. al., are staying right where they are.

My guess is that the parking will be accessed from Dunstan or Tangley.

The first complex is actually OK, as far as complexes go. It also has a water feature that sits back from Morningside. Does anyone know who the architect is?

• 2 months later...

Lots of work on the site today. They've begun excavation and have dug down quite a bit. Wonder if there will be an underground garage level?

The majority of the businesses in Hanover Rice Village I are open and they are a great addition to the neighborhood. I took a stroll from my house to check out Cloud 10 on Friday night. Great ice cream and the sidewalks were jammed with activity all the way from the Hanover to University Blvd. Sidewalk and Patio seating options were packed at the new Italian joint, Cloud 10, Torchy's, Gingerman, Woodrow's, Baker St, and more. There were also a couple of food trucks out and about. I have never seen that many people strolling around at night. A+ to Hanover.

• Like 3

Lots of work on the site today. They've begun excavation and have dug down quite a bit. Wonder if there will be an underground garage level?

The majority of the businesses in Hanover Rice Village I are open and they are a great addition to the neighborhood. I took a stroll from my house to check out Cloud 10 on Friday night. Great ice cream and the sidewalks were jammed with activity all the way from the Hanover to University Blvd. Sidewalk and Patio seating options were packed at the new Italian joint, Cloud 10, Torchy's, Gingerman, Woodrow's, Baker St, and more. There were also a couple of food trucks out and about. I have never seen that many people strolling around at night. A+ to Hanover.

yup we had dinner at coppa saturday night and it was slammed.  cloud 10 was also packed.  went to fellini and local foods on sunday to enjoy the weather and there were people all over the place.  granted we went at an off time - around 4:00 - so local foods wasn't overly crowded but the patio was full and there were probably 1/2 dozen tables inside.

if you want a true pedestrian feel the village is where it's at. hanover's newest project will be an awesome addition... very exciting.

• Like 1

I love this project, but I wonder how this went under the Ashby High rise groups radar. Hanover was smart to keep this low key for as long as they did.  Morningside is a much narrower street than Bissonnet but I guess they'll direct the egress out in the Kirby side direction. All the Village needs now is a grocery store. It doesn't need to be a big one, maybe the size of Trader Joe's.

The village is the urban model everyone's been looking for in Houston.

yup we had dinner at coppa saturday night and it was slammed.  cloud 10 was also packed.  went to fellini and local foods on sunday to enjoy the weather and there were people all over the place.  granted we went at an off time - around 4:00 - so local foods wasn't overly crowded but the patio was full and there were probably 1/2 dozen tables inside.

if you want a true pedestrian feel the village is where it's at. hanover's newest project will be an awesome addition... very exciting.

I was there on Sunday as well. We walked from the Dryden station down Dryden/Shakespeare and then up Morningside to the Rice Village. It seems like a long walk by looking at the map but when the weather is as nice as it was on Sunday it was kinda fun and good way to walk off dinner. Edited by infinite_jim

• 2 weeks later...

hanover-5-940x626.jpg

Hanover Southampton is a 426,686 square foot 206 unit mid-rise apartment complex conveniently located on the corner of Morningside and Dunstan, overlooking Rice University, Southampton, Downtown and the Medical Center. Conveniently served by Rice Village retail, the architecture of Hanover Southampton reflects a timeless expression, clad in a crisp combination of glass, masonry and metal finishes. The 12-story complex will offer unit sizes ranging from 745 square feet to 1,260 square feet for a one bedroom and 1,300-2,000 square feet for a two bedroom.

The 12th floor amenity level will feature a resort style pool deck with private cabanas, a movie theater, fitness room, bar and lounge, private dining space, entertainment room with outdoor access, and a covered outdoor living room with cooking facilities. The third floor will also include a lushly landscaped courtyard complete with seating and water features.

http://zieglercooper.com/hanover-southampton/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...