7-Eleven

TheGreenMeanie

On 4/7/2017 at 0:03 PM, IronTiger said:

Well, looks like 7-Eleven has a second chance here after all as well as College Station and Central Texas (they bought out Sac-n-Pac a few years ago) after all. Weirdly, I've actually thought about this exact type of merger before but never actually imagined it to come to pass.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/2017/04/06/7-eleven-buys-1110-stores-sunoco-33-billion-deal

I saw this but, my understanding is that they're only buying the Sunoco Convenience Stores. As far as I know we only have Sunoco fuel stations attached to Stripes Convenience stores. So this is unlikely to effect the Houston market as I understand it.

Could be wrong too of course!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SpaceGhost said:

I saw this but, my understanding is that they're only buying the Sunoco Convenience Stores. As far as I know we only have Sunoco fuel stations attached to Stripes Convenience stores. So this is unlikely to effect the Houston market as I understand it.

Could be wrong too of course!

Sunoco owns Stripes (they bought it a few years back), and they are now selling their entire convenience store division (including Stripes) to 7-Eleven.

On 4/8/2017 at 10:13 PM, IronTiger said:

Sunoco owns Stripes (they bought it a few years back), and they are now selling their entire convenience store division (including Stripes) to 7-Eleven.

Well... There goes the neighborhood!

Archived