40-Story Residential Near The Woodlands Waterway?

bachanon

http://impactnews.com/articles/demand-for-rental-housing-increases/

"The master plan for The Woodlands includes more multifamily housing in Town Center, the Village of Creekside Park and in the proposed 66-acre mixed use development of Hughes Landing, according to The Woodlands Development Company.

A 40-story luxury condominium building is also planned for Town Center near The Woodlands Waterway. The high-end units aim to fill the need of a specific segment of the area’s population, such as empty nesters and young professionals.

“Town Center was always planned to be more urban, with higher density residences than the villages in The Woodlands,” said Susan Vreeland-Wendt, spokeswoman for The Woodlands Development Company."

Either impactnews misspoke, or something is up. This is the second time I've heard of a 40-story tower for The Woodlands, but the first was commercial. Anyone know of the project they are referring to? The luxury tower at Waterway Square is to be 20 stories, and I think the site is too small for a 40-story tower.

....little bird says not necessarily.

Is it in Woodlands proper? Why would they plan a 40 story if they haven't broken ground on the 20 story? Unless they plan on breaking ground on both at the same time and they are at different locations.

i sent a comment to impactnews and the editor responded that the residential is unannounced; however, he attached a link to the rendering of the 20 story at waterway square. either he doesn't know, or he didn't want to admit they got it wrong in the article. a different source suggested that there is 40ish story tower which is unannounced, but didn't specify residential. a third source said there may be another residential tower which is unannounced, but could be for hughes landing and not the waterway. maybe impactnews let the "40" story height slip, shouldn't have, and are attempting to cover it up. i think 40 stories is excessive and unlikely. i would be happy to be wrong. i certainly do enjoy the expectation. see below.

• RE: "40 Story Luxury Tower"
    Mr. %%%%,
    The project the reporter is referring to is the planned high-rise condominium to be located in Town Center near The Woodlands Waterway. The Development Company has not formally announced the project, but has released renderings and addressed the project with Community Impact Newspaper. More information about the project, and others in Town Center, can be found at the following link:
    http://impactnews.co...enter-projects/
    Thank you for reading, and for your question,
    Brian Walzel
    Editor
    Posted by Brian Walzel - Editor December 17, 2012 12:10:00
  • "40 Story Luxury Tower" Near The Woodlands Waterway
    Is the author referring to the "20 story" luxury tower at Waterway Square? There are no "40 story" towers announced for development in The Woodlands. Where did she obtain this information? Curious.
    Posted by http://graph.faceboo...5694093/picture December 16, 2012 19:25:39

• 2 months later...

Ed saw a presentation where they said the condo project "keeps getting bigger"

actually, that was me at the conference today.  the new condo rendering looked sleeker, but could be a preliminary drawing as to how to make it bigger.  second condo tower is being discussed too, possibly at hughes landing.

actually, that was me at the conference today. the new condo rendering looked sleeker, but could be a preliminary drawing as to how to make it bigger. second condo tower is being discussed too, possibly at hughes landing.

Oops :) I didn't realize someone else other than the Ed had the Facebook access. Guess I should have put 2 and 2 together since he is in New Mecico.

Is the new rendering completely different or similar?

I dunno---I'm a HUGE fan of The Woodlands. I think it is top notch in every way. However, I'm not sure that area can support a big high-rise condo tower, much less many of them. I love that The Woodlands has its own "downtown" now, I really don't want huge developments taking over the place and it lose its seclusion feel. I love concrete and steel at much as the next guy but if you can't hear the birds chirp for the sounds of cars on the ever expanding Woodlands Pkwy, then The Woodlands really loses the magic that made the community different and coveated to begin with. Just my opinion.

• The title was changed to 40-Story Residential Near The Woodlands Waterway?

Archived