Office Tower At 1111 Travis St.

burgower4

Downtown is filled with hedious garages. There is one on both sides of the tower at market square. Southern downtown has a lot.

There are some that are decently disguised, such as the Y, chase, the one that got demoed to build commerce tower want bad, but for the most part they are hedious

ill play..

- for the sake of having our own little slice of NYC, 212 Milam.. the northwest corner of Market Square Park where the single story Chase bank is. it would be to Market Square what 432 Park Ave or Nordstrom Tower are to Central Park, but without blocking any of the sunlight.

- on a portion of the Bayou Place plot if/when they tear that down/redevelop it for the Theater District Master Plan.

- unlikely, as Houston likes to use full blocks for large skyscrapers, but something like a Nordstrom Tower on the Sakowitz site. it would make for an amazing anchor to the Retail District.

- the block between the Texaco Building, and HSPVA, between Capital and Rusk. google maps shows its some sort of Post Office and military entrance processing station. seems pretty underutilized for a downtown block.. especially one straddled by two light rail lines, right next door to the Central Station East/West stations. and i would imagine they could possibly get a tunnel connection by means of the Texaco building or another neighbor to the west..

There is a huge chunk of the street missing next to this building, works that be related to the tunnels?

They are tearing the heck out of Dallas Street nearly down to Disco Green to get to something underground, I presumed utility work of some sort.

Macy's/Foley's had a tunnel connection to both the old Foley's garage across Travis and to 1000 Main, I presume that these will open back up once the building is open for business. The old tunnel entrances were retained during all of the foundation work.

• Like 1

What that cube like building in front of 1111 travis?

Travis Place garage. It has 2 floors of office space on the top with a gym taking up part of one of them. It may have a big chunk of its space committed to Kinder Morgan, but I don't think they own it outright.

• Like 1

^^^^^ An iconic tower would be awesome right there on that parking lot ^^^^^

Your wish almost came true ...decades ago. That parking lot pic was taken from was the Bank of the Southwest Tower site.

BSW-Houston-1982PRINT_large.jpg

Edited by tigereye
  • Like 2