Office Tower At 1111 Travis St.

burgower4

Your right, though the construction photos to date unfortunately appear to match these latest rendering.

Somewhere along the way the design was changed from the initial renderings presented a year ago or so to this bland stuff.

You know, most folks wouldn't understand swapping a good design for cheap boring vanilla at the last minute, but we get it...,

it's just a Houston thang, it's who we are, it's what we do.

to be fair, three of these lots are already going up and a few more have timelines to break ground soon. several are actually likely.

Yes you are right. It doesn't show block 334 going up or skyhouse main, or the Leon development starting up. Plus hopefully the one across the street from the downtown transit center goes up

Edited by HoustonIsHome

... and in this picture of a San Jacinto street sign, we see the new Hilcorp tower almost to the top, AND, the new lighting feature at the old 1100 Milam building (I silk miss the atrium there)

... and in this picture of a San Jacinto street sign, we see the new Hilcorp tower almost to the top, AND, the new lighting feature at the old 1100 Milam building (I still miss the atrium there)

post-9740-0-97929300-1430189751_thumb.jp

Edited by Tumbleweed_Tx
  • Like 9

Speaking of lighting, have 600 Travis' lights been on recently? I noticed them from uptown the other evening when I was checking out Wells going all crazy red and white.

I was wondering the same thing but I do know that wells is changing colors red and white because of the Rockets

• Like 5

oh some of the lights on 600 Travis are red? hard to tell from uptown.. when are they going to get with the times and upgrade to LED lighting? they could coordinate their lighting with Wells Fargo so they display opposite colors, or fade through the color spectrum backwards or something.

• Like 2

oh some of the lights on 600 Travis are red? hard to tell from uptown.. when are they going to get with the times and upgrade to LED lighting? they could coordinate their lighting with Wells Fargo so they display opposite colors, or fade through the color spectrum backwards or something.

It's either full yellow or full red. I agree 1000x's over.

^^^ magnificent hindesky!  hey, if by chance, could you possibly include some illustrations of the new trees that are being placed along the new main street corridor.  from the small view that we are now enjoying.... this looks incredible!