Sign in to follow this  
lockmat

Hermann Park Centennial Gardens getting a Makeover

cloud713    3541

I'm really looking forward to the revitalized Japanese Gardens.. I had no idea it was going on until I tried to go to there a little while back and it was all fenced off. Speaking of fenced off.. Are they expanding the Japanese Garden section or what all is in the plan for renovations? Construction fences extended out much further than the existing boundaries.

Naviguessor    1213

Cloud.

Yes.  They are expanding, making an Event Lawn Redoing the Front Entrance as well as adding another entrance on the West/Fannin side of the Garden. I think it is all outline of the Conservancy's website.  I'm excited about it too.   

• Like 2

Houston19514    2207

From the Conservancy's website:

The first phase of renovations to enhance the Japanese Garden began on November 9 and will be completed in early summer 2016. Portions of the garden will be blocked for safety during construction. Additional renovations are planned to add a new entrance to the garden, an event lawn, a dry stream garden, and more. The Conservancy is actively fundraising for these renovations and is anticipating final completion by the garden’s 25th anniversary in 2017.

• Like 2

jmitch94    821

Great news! The Japanese gardens are (or were) already very nice. I can't wait to see the finished product.