Skyhouse Houston II: Multifamily At 1044 Jefferson St.

lockmat

Urbannizer you are fantastic! Houston is going to look different in two years. I really feel we will past Chicago in population. They are really concerned about it. :o

The only way that Houston passes Chicago in population anytime in the near future is if CoH does a big annexation. There's currently about 500k more people in the city of Chicago.

Urbannizer you are fantastic!  Houston is going to look different in two years.  I really feel we will past Chicago in population.  They are really concerned about it. :o

I remember seeing a video about Houston's population doubling by 2020. Maybe this will be the year Houston will surpass Chicago with population.

I couldn't care less if we pass Chicago because it's an unfair advantage considering the size of Houston. It's a shallow victory with little meaning. I just want to see residential projects like this continue to develop so we can actually have a real urban core.

Edited by xsatyr
  • Like 5

I agree. This really doesn't mean anything. Chicago still has over 3 million people more than Houston in the metro.

Of course it means something.  It's silly to pretend it doesn't.

Further, Chicago won't have 3 million more people than Houston metro in 20 years, which is what we're talking about.  The Chicago metro area is barely growing (roughly 3/10ths of one percent per year.  Houston metro is growing at about 2.1% per year (7 times the pace).  At these rates, Houston metro will be 9.5 Million in 20 years and Chicago will be about 10.1 Million, a difference of only 600,000.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...