Skyhouse Houston II: Multifamily At 1044 Jefferson St.

lockmat

There are three reviews on Yelp. All of them 1 star.

I recently moved much closer to downtown and actually thought about moving into downtown. It just didn't make sense though. I bought a new house near Regent Square instead. I'm paying about the same as the largest units in Skyhouse for 2.5 times the square footage and I own it. 

Edited by jgriff

One of the things I've been wondering is why they chose to have their GFR on the outside of the two buildings (Leeland and Jefferson) as opposed to having them face each other on Pease to create more of a retail corridor

• Like 1

can someone that has worked in the industry comment on this whether 40% occupancy 10 months after opening and 4 months after the entire building opened is good/normal?  that sounds bad to me, but others think that sounds good.  and although the developer says this is expected, offering significant concessions seems to suggest otherwise.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow read these reviews from people who live there: http://www.yelp.com/biz/skyhouse-houston-houston

Edit: Yes, one who doesn't. I'd wait to see further reviews. I usually don't judge a place based on just 4 reviews but I gotta admit... I kinda expected it from here. 

Wow - those are really bad - sounds like they definitely need a new leasing staff....has anyone on here gone by for a look ?  I know it's hard to gain a sense from online reviews - they are usually negative, but these all seem to be in agreement that the leasing staff is bad...

Wow read these reviews from people who live there: http://www.yelp.com/biz/skyhouse-houston-houston

Edit: Yes, one who doesn't. I'd wait to see further reviews. I usually don't judge a place based on just 4 reviews but I gotta admit... I kinda expected it from here. 

^^^ this, undoubtably has to be a public relations disaster!  surely, skyhouse corporate, has to be taking note of these shocking reviews, of their brand new edifice in houston.  just what the heck is really going on here, are all of the leasing staffers from new york city? houstonians, have always been well known throughout, for our gracious hospitality.  this is far too scary to believe.....  

• Like 1

yow!  this is disappointing to hear about.   earlier on, the publicity was about how good these guys were at putting up a building fast, basically because the followed the same formula, again and again.  

However, building is one thing, managing a rental property is another.  I hope they will get their act together or else turn the project over to someone who is good at it.

Edited by ArchFan
  • Like 1

Seems like there needs to be new management. If the people that work there don't like what they do, it's easy find another job.

lol when i went at 4pm everyone was surrounding a colleagues computer and laughing it up. seemed strange and weird, didnt look like they cared much

• Like 1

Drove by this really quick and thought I saw a sign on one of the retail spaces for a liquor license. If so, glad they are finally leasing out one of the retail spaces. If not, then carry on....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sneak preview:  Your Pie, a Chipotle-style dine-in restaurant based in Athens, Georgia, will open its first Houston location on the ground floor of SkyHouse Houston.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...