Skyhouse Houston II: Multifamily At 1044 Jefferson St.

lockmat

Never mind.

So people don't have to dig back:

http://oxblue.com/open/SkyHouseApartments

By the way, there are only 10 (or nine, I couldn't see the camera clearly) stories left.

And for the dallas haters:

Sky house dallas recently broke ground.

I'll make it even simpler.  Here's a photo from this morning.  Working on floor 16 now.

skyhouse_zpsb4ba4aea.jpg

• Like 4

Just saw sky house Austin in person. It's topped out.. The roof looked like a rounded dome? I thought they were more boxy..

There's two different designs for the top. We and Orlando have the better of the two. Skyhouse Austin, Dallas, and Raleigh has the airplane hangar roof. Atlanta has both.

I live right across the street from Skyhouse South in Atlanta that's currently topping out with the more 'boxy' roof design and looks tons better than the curved airport hanger imo as well.

Initially I thought the curved top would be preferable, but it really looks like an after thought and does not scale well with the rest of the building.

• Like 1

They're actually working on floor 20; the ground floor has a double high ceiling at the external walls, so when you count from the ground the first elevated floor you see is actually floor 3 (when viewed from the construction camera or another elevated position). From street level you can see the 2nd floor at the core of the building. At the current rate, it should be topped out in 2 weeks.

Bad news, folks. Late this afternoon the whole project was reduced to rubble under the gaze of an angry God. I got this shot just as the foundations were giving out, and out of a blinding light a voice said "THOU SHALT NOT RAISE MORE THAN ONE FLOOR PER WEEK, YE FOLLOWERS OF BABBLE":

post-12156-0-54157700-1382067806_thumb.j

Alright, it was just a van fire. But still the most exciting part of my week.

• Like 3