Convention Analysis

brian0123

Figured this would be a good place to discuss the conventions. I'll start with last night.

Ann Romney: Speech was sincere, but message seemed forced. Essentially, she said moms are aweseome, woman are awesome, I love woman, I'm a mom, Mitt makes me laugh, my daddy was a mayor but Mitt and I used to be poor for a little while when we lived in an apartment, Mitt makes me laugh, yeah we're very rich, he'll work hard for you, so vote for him.

Chris Christie: Speech seemed over the place and felt like he was yelling and spitting, while kind of being a Debbie Downer. Aren't these speeches supposed to get people excited? Basically, the message was we're the party that will make the tough, painful choices. When others tell you things are good, don't listen. We're ready to make the sacrifices needed for the country to get better. In other words, vote for Republicans and the things you voters like will get cut because it's the right thing to do. Woohoo?

Maybe I'm way off but that's what it felt like. Ann's speech was what I thought it would be by trying to convince people Mitt has a personality. However, Christie's really threw me off and wasn't at all what I thought it would be like. What did you guys think?

Before I get to the convention, I was disappointed in the coverage on the radio. Since I live in purgatory, I had a substantial drive to get home and I was listening to 92.1 for a bit, but I realized they were talking over the various speakers. It was only as I was passing downtown that I got frustrated and hit every. single. channel until I found one that did it uninterrupted.

Anyway, Ann Romney's speech was OK in my opinion. I wished she would have gotten into more details on his struggles and trials in his businesses and marriages.

The Christie speech was a bit of a let down, but I wasn't expecting a massive tirade like Pat Buchanan's speech back in 92 either.

Overall, neither speech changed my opinion in one way or another.

One thing that really irritated me was the fact that, according to drudge's list of articles, no one of color is REALLY in the GOP.

Archived