Why Is SeaWorld In San Antonio And Not In Houston

ehtx1

Same could be said about Florida why does Orlando have Sea World and Miami doesn't, or why is Sea World in San Diego and not in LA. To me I think it's great that we have attractions in different cities across Texas. I could drive down to San Antonio and visit Six Flags or the riverwak and be back here in Austin the same day doing something else.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, along time ago we had Sea Arama Marine World down in Galveston, That closed, then Astroworld closed. I think Houston really needs some new attractions.

No we don't remember the article saying "Houston is cool!?" LOL Yeah if you need a hospital.

You also have to keep in mind that SeaWorld in San Antonio opened in 1988... Sea Arama in Galveston closed in 1990 if my memory serves me right. Meaning when Sea World was shopping around for a place to set up shop, not only did they need to be near established tourist attractions... But it would seem pointless to open SeaWorld in the Houston area at a time when Sea Arama was still open just down the street, on top of Astroworld, Waterworld, and Splashtown all of which were doing pretty good at the time. In the mid 80s, San Antonio probably seemed a better fit for being able to be profitable quicker. (Fiesta Texas didn't open until 1992, so Sea World had the market largely to themselves to begin with.

• 8 months later...

Yes. You are wrong. Have you ever found yourself salivating over the prospect of a trip to Delhi, India? They have lots of people there, too. How about Karachi, Pakistan? How about...Dallas, Texas? Maybe that's where SeaWorld should move, if SeaWorld were going to move around within Texas. Maybe not...

There is actually quite a bit to see in Delhi.

• The title was changed to Why Is SeaWorld In San Antonio And Not In Houston

Archived