500 Crawford: Multifamily At 500 Crawford St.

lockmat

It's fun to think about how dense this area is becoming, by removing these surface lots.  I like to think of how it will look in a few short years with this, the TC project, Marquette, and how that will push development north of the ballpark.  To be able to have all of these districts (Historic, Convention, Theatre, Financial, etc.) coming to fruition, and see them start complementing one another is very exciting.  Picturing all of that, and if Lovett were to repurpose the Post Office into a new market place or any of the other great ideas this forum have suggested, there will be a wave of new money that will constantly circulate throughout the businesses of downtown.  Not that this isn't already what everyone thinks about, I just get all amped up thinking about it.  Two years ago, I would have never pictured myself living downtown.  Now I'm moving 2Q 2016, and am ready to begin contributing to the vibrant success the area will bring.

• Like 9

It's fun to think about how dense this area is becoming, by removing these surface lots.  I like to think of how it will look in a few short years with this, the TC project, Marquette, and how that will push development north of the ballpark.  To be able to have all of these districts (Historic, Convention, Theatre, Financial, etc.) coming to fruition, and see them start complementing one another is very exciting.  Picturing all of that, and if Lovett were to repurpose the Post Office into a new market place or any of the other great ideas this forum have suggested, there will be a wave of new money that will constantly circulate throughout the businesses of downtown.  Not that this isn't already what everyone thinks about, I just get all amped up thinking about it.  Two years ago, I would have never pictured myself living downtown.  Now I'm moving 2Q 2016, and am ready to begin contributing to the vibrant success the area will bring.

^^^ simply wonderful, and congratulations!

The improvement in this area is impressive. It has gone from a wasteland ( with the exception of the church and school) to what will be a vibrant urban area. Despite being a orthodox suburbanite the lack of an urban core has always been a let down. Downtown in the 1980's was primarily a collection of shiny skyscrapers mainly west of Main and little else. The downtown looked asymmetrical like an individual with one muscular arm and one milqtoast arm. The skyscraper collection were like modern medeval castles surrounded by a poor run down housing on all sides. How this has all changed for the better. It has taken time but we are almost there.

Completely agree. I think what hurt downtown for so many years, compared to many other cities, is that we pushed all of our development away from our core. For example, and this question is rhetorical, but why is the Houston Imrpov in an entertainment center off of Katy Frwy? Why is Dave & Busters not downtown? I guess my point is the city focused on the area considered "Houston" as a whole and neglected trying to grow from the core outward. The good thing is that things are finally starting to balance out a bit across the city. And as Houston grows denser and continues to fill in the gaps, a more vibrant, better organized city, with multiple central cores will begin to connect fluidly.

• Like 1

Welcome to the neighborhood! Any particular place you've picked out?

I wish they would change their mind on all those advertisements in the outfield. Whatever revenue they bring in are not worth the damage cause to the reputation of the park, which is unfairly reviled due the superficial cheese factor.

Because other major league ballparks don't have advertisements in their outfields??

• Like 2

I wish they would change their mind on all those advertisements in the outfield. Whatever revenue they bring in are not worth the damage cause to the reputation of the park, which is unfairly reviled due the superficial cheese factor.

Completely agree. I don't think this ball park should be profitable at all. Instead of using advertising dollars to maintain the look of this park, they should let it go abandoned so that it's reputation will be known globally.

• Like 1