Park Place | River Oaks: Mixed-Use Development At Westheimer Rd. & Mid Ln.

lockmat

The whole area at the bottom of the photo ekdrm2d1 took has always been the biggest eye sore in my opinion...

the unkept almost non-existent landscaping and the old beat up parking area adjacent to the railroad tracks needs to match the rest of the development so believe it or not, i am more excited about this area than the building almost haha!

fh448cF.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

This is a very nice fence but oddly enough a little two story strip center at the corner of San Felipe and Chimney Rock has a very nice fence like this too. 

I've seen that one, too.  A wooden fence is always nicer.  But the one at San Felipe and Voss is not nearly as tall nor does it have graphics displayed like this one.  But I agree, it's nice to see some developers investing in the marketing and appearance of a site if even temporary.

4 hours ago, gene said:

The whole area at the bottom of the photo ekdrm2d1 took has always been the biggest eye sore in my opinion...

the unkept almost non-existent landscaping and the old beat up parking area adjacent to the railroad tracks needs to match the rest of the development so believe it or not, i am more excited about this area than the building almost haha!

fh448cF.jpg

According to HCAD, that area looks like it is owned by Centerpoint.  Hopefully Stonelake can work some magic with them to get them to clean it up.  Agree - it looks awful.

• Like 2

Yes, its a part of the ROW under the transmission lines. However, stonelake repaved the area behind the apartment midrises so I would presume they would do the same after construction of the office building. Though, they may wait until the final parcel is developed. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, LBC2HTX said:

Going to have retail locations for Fidelity, TD, and Schwab within a block of each other.  

Not an ideal attraction but certainly speaks to the quality and prestige of the area.  Will be curious to know what restaurant(s) they will announce in the project.  I drove by this yesterday and ti sure seems like it is going up fast.  I think they need an awesome boutique hotel on some of the remaining green space - there are really no great hotel options in Houston outside of The Post Oak.  The St. Regis down the street is pretty tired.

• Like 3