Energy Center Three, Four, & Five At 935 N. Eldridge Pkwy.

Fortune

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably a dumb question so be kind. I noticed that along the energy corridor high rises are built in pairs at around 20 storeys, so why not build one 40 storey tower? Are there height restrictions along I 10? Is the cost of building a 40 storey significantly higher than say two 20 storey towers? Don't misunderstand, I am jazzed about the development, just curious.

cost becomes expentioanally more prohibitive the higher you go + land values do not justifiy vertical growth.  essentially, for the cost of building one 40 story tower a developer could just as easily purchase two sites and develop 2 20 story towers at a lower cost.... or at least that used to be the case. land values along the EC have soared in the past 18 months. still, i wouldn't expect any "skyscraper" type developments in the foreseeable future.

cost becomes expentioanally more prohibitive the higher you go + land values do not justifiy vertical growth. essentially, for the cost of building one 40 story tower a developer could just as easily purchase two sites and develop 2 20 story towers at a lower cost.... or at least that used to be the case. land values along the EC have soared in the past 18 months. still, i wouldn't expect any "skyscraper" type developments in the foreseeable future.

Ok, thanks. Was wondering. Hey, believe me, I have a grin to and from work everyday with all the development. It's ok if there won't be a 40 floor for a while if ever. It beats car dealerships, abandoned strip malls and cow pastures any day IMO. One more query, Energy Center?....just one tower or will there be two?

• Like 1

Ok, thanks. Was wondering. Hey, believe me, I have a grin to and from work everyday with all the development. It's ok if there won't be a 40 floor for a while if ever. It beats car dealerships, abandoned strip malls and cow pastures any day IMO. One more query, Energy Center?....just one tower or will there be two?

Two buildings...this one will be 20 stories and the next one just to its south will be 22 stories with ConocoPhillips leasing 850,000 SF (all of EC3 and 300,000 SF of EC4). Groundbreaking for EC4 should start in Q4 this year.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2013/05/07/conocophillips-to-fill-energy-center.html

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I am looking out for all of these things you all mentioned. Thank you for verification. I know that some of those dealerships were just remodeled recently, but man would I love to see them move more to the west and we create a high rise corridor Mecca! So, does anyone know if they will use the same cranes on Energy IV as are used on Energy III? And of course it's all I can do not to cause a wreck as I am counting floors while passing these towers. LoL. Same with the Briarcrest tower. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...