Energy Tower III & IV: Energy Corridor Tower

Pleak

And off the top of my head, future projects planned for the same area:

1. NW corner of Gessner tower (possibly 30+ stories)

2. Additional buildings around City Centre, north or south of I-10

3. Energy Tower IV

4. 2 buildings at Shell between Dairy Ashford and Eldridge

5. Energy Center IV

6. MD Anderson hospital between Eldridge and Highway 6 (north of I-10)

7. Memorial Hermann Katy expansion

I'm sure I'm forgetting several here, but this is just to give an idea of how much construction is happening or planned to happen in this area.

Great list, but I think that the 2 Shell buildings are already under construction. I believe that those are the two buildings that you listed at number 6 on your original list.

You might also want to add Katy Ranch Crossing across from Memorial Hermann in Katy to that list as well.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Was heading eastbound from hwy 6 on I10 yesterday afternoon and counted 6 cranes up, 2 on south side and 4 on north side, all visible at one time between Eldridge and Kirkwood.  Probably were more but I was busy dodging cars.

Drove down this as well! It's literally insane the amount of development along this stretch of road. Can't imagine how many people from out of town think they're not to far from downtown Houston when they see all of this development...

Can't imagine how many people from out of town think they're not to far from downtown Houston when they see all of this development...

Thirty-three years ago I was in college in a small central Texas town. One of my classmates was from a very small town in Northwest Minnesota (population ~900). I brought him to my parents' house in Houston for the Thanksgiving holiday since he had no where else to go.

When we arrived at the recently constructed Park 10 development he "wondered" at the size of "Downtown Houston." I was tempted to turn around and go back to campus to save him from severe culture shock. :)

Instead of skirting around town on Highway 6/FM 1960 to get to my parents' house on the north side, I followed Interstate 10 all the way to Interstate 45 so Mark could get a really good view of the real downtown. This was before the big boom in the early 80's really got underway but the sight was impressive none-the-less.

Presently I am on the alumni board at my school so I drive by this development every other month or so to attend functions at the college. I am nearly blown away by the scope and rapidity of this development. I guess all those folks moving to Katy (and even Sealy) weren't so crazy after all. :D  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone think that those dealerships between the Energy Towers and the Shell Towers will eventually be replaced by more office or residential towers? I think it would be cool to see a slender Austin-like 30 storey residential tower among those office towers. Likely? Thoughts?

That is ok too!.....I feel like a small scale Dubai or the movie Brazil, where the towers lined the freeways for miles. I am only 44, but still marvel at the transformation/growth of this corridor, along with The Woodlands and the 290 corridor; oh yeah and let's not forget Sugarland. I can't wait to see what the development will be like growing up from the Grand Parkway. I know it already exists at some level, but the inner loop outer loop, we/they feuds are surely to intensify. LOL. Back to topic, though, could we expect a 40 storey in this area anytime soon? Also, one more thing, then I will shut up, exactly what a the parameters of the energy corridor? I know from Katy to Memorial City via I10, but how far north and south does it extend?

Back to topic, though, could we expect a 40 storey in this area anytime soon? Also, one more thing, then I will shut up, exactly what a the parameters of the energy corridor? I know from Katy to Memorial City via I10, but how far north and south does it extend?

Not sure about 40 stories, but you can expect to see something in the neighborhood of 30 stories pop out of the ground in the next 24 months. As far as the physical boundaries, I think the folks on Clay Rd (GE Oil & Gas, Cameron, etc) would like you to believe they're in the Energy Corridor. Same with the folks on the BMC Campus. It's really all conjecture.

Well, there it is, thank you. My sister is a Baskin Robbins queen and is inquiring about opening a B and R in this area. Helping her get info. She already commands Bissonet and Hwy 6 and Sugarland Hwy 6....another two in her dynasty will suffice.

The fourth the one starts construction on the 29th.

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/houston/is-downtown-a-gateway-market/

There's just something about Aug. 29 that developers can't resist. (It's Michael Jackson's birthday, that's all we can think of.) Two office towers are breaking ground that day: Stream's The Reserve at Sierra Pines II and Mac Haik's Energy Tower IV. Managing director Paul Coonrod says 154k SF Sierra Pines will be one of the largest blocks of Class-A space available in The Woodlands. It'll also be the tallest tilt-wall project in Texas (and possibly the country) when it delivers next August. It hasn't locked in any tenants yet, but the 25k SF garden might draw some in. Check out more info here.

How on earth would they muffle the constant sound from the freeway? Don't think I would want to live at this location. The apts are practically on the freeway.

They are not "practically" on the freeway, they "are" on the freeway.

How on earth would they muffle the constant sound from the freeway? Don't think I would want to live at this location. The apts are practically on the freeway.

It's not muffled. When I first moved back to Houston one of the places we were shown was Alexan Silber. Immediately after I said "is... Is that noise the freeway?" Our realtor said "oh, granite counter tops!"

That's sort of what I thought regarding the sound. I also saw it being built and it didn't seem to be high quality materials nor layout to try to mask it being on the freeway. I was trying to be nice by saying practically, but yeah, it's ON the freeway. Won't divert too much, but IF one is going to build ON a freeway, why not have a really nice mid building courtyard where the apts surround that, and the closets or even bathrooms or kitchens face the freeway?

Archived