Generation Park: Mixed-Use In Northeast Harris County

lockmat

But does anyone else cringe at the words used in the video? How can people not see through all the B/S buzz words?

Will the new water cooler talk be "hey John, let's go innovate at the plaza"! Oh man...

I agree it is very over the top, I guess that is their style.

I agree it is very over the top, I guess that is their style.

he seems to create  a conflict of words, first he says it innovate ,then he says it is new for Houston,implying it is something that exist just not in Houston.

A subway system  to ferry the people around the different sections? naw that would e to big to hide someone would have spilled the beans.

Moving side walks like the jetsons..lol now the sheer cost of such a system design to cover such a space who be in the biilions.

• Like 1

Also FMC Technologies purchased 173 acres within the Generation Park development this year so hopefully they will break ground on something soon. I imagine it will be some type of HQ or corporate campus since its such a large purchase.

Bingo. By the time they're done, it'll be similar in complexion to Exxon's development in the Woodlands.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

LOL at the rendering showing a man walking on what appears to be a nature trail through prairie grasslands! 

Why the LOL? Aren't prairie grasslands more environmentally effective when it comes to rain run off, more economical with less need for mowing and maintenance, and gives the more natural look that can feel more inviting?

• Like 2

Because building a sprawling corporate campus on the prairie complete with surface parking, a massive garage, and multiple low-rise structures and then turning around and replanting some shrubs to show you care about the environment is laughable.

If you truly care about rain run off, stop paving the damn prairie.

• Like 4

I think the Houston Campi we see sprouting up around the ring of the city serve one main purpose....

Better Defensive Perimeters for the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse.

This is the only plausible explanation I can think of.

But seriously guys, GP has a lot of potential and hopefully we'll see some stuff on the new college moving in. They haven't announced anything but if you search for the right thing on Google, you'll find some juicy info.

• Like 2

I think the Houston Campi we see sprouting up around the ring of the city serve one main purpose....

Better Defensive Perimeters for the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse.

This is the only plausible explination I can think of and I've been procrastinating for a while.

Seriously though, GP has a lot of great potential and I'm excited to see what comes next. Maybe we'll see some new info on the university moving in; they haven't announced anything but if you search for the right thing on Google you'll find some juicy details. 

This is the only plausible explination I can think of and I've been procrastinating for a while.

Seriously though, GP has a lot of great potential and I'm excited to see what comes next. Maybe we'll see some new info on the university moving in; they haven't announced anything but if you search for the right thing on Google you'll find some juicy details. 

Links or it never (/isn't) happened (/happening).

• 2 months later...