Phillips 66 Headquarters In Westchase District

Pleak

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"ConocoPhillips refining offshoot Phillips 66 will build a new headquarters facility no more than 10 miles away from the company’s current location, “within the I-10 and Beltway 8 corridors,”......"

http://swamplot.com/...ton/2012-03-20/

This will probably be a suburban campus-type property like the existing headquarters, but this is still cool to hear.

Darn. I was hoping they would move downtown. :-(

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

That one is the real deal. Chevron will be the next out of the ground with a new "signature" office tower.

Sweet, we appreciate the info. Mind if I ask who your sources are, generally speaking? Architect, Chevron employee etc?

Sweet, we appreciate the info. Mind if I ask who your sources are, generally speaking? Architect, Chevron employee etc?

Generall speaking, Chevron issued an RFP for Architectural services (which have been awarded), and MEP (which have been awarded).

Would this be the 5 Allen Center proposal that's floated around for a few years?

http://swamplot.com/...ter/2009-01-20/

The new building will be in the CBD, replacing an existing building. None of the documentation I've seen refers to it as Allen Center... the proposed location is several blocks from any of the existing Allen Center buildings.

Generall speaking, Chevron issued an RFP for Architectural services (which have been awarded), and MEP (which have been awarded).

The new building will be in the CBD, replacing an existing building. None of the documentation I've seen refers to it as Allen Center... the proposed location is several blocks from any of the existing Allen Center buildings.

Im betting its the old YMCA site. That would sort of constitute replacing an existing building (even though its now demolished). From a location standpoint, that site for Chevron makes the most sense since its located next to Chevron's spaces in 1400 Smith & 1500 Louisiana (former Enron Center North & South)

I wonder if Chevron and Shell are finding that being downtown is making recruiting the best and brightest young talent a little bit easier?

The oil and gas workforce is aging. Professional recruiters are literally fighting to place people in jobs. All things considered, if you were in your 20s, would you rather work downtown or out in The Woodlands or Energy Corridor?

They own both of enrons old towers and bc they need the space.

Not in Houston, at least not immediately, they don't I don't think. They're moving some people here, yes, but there hasn't been any talk internally, at least that I've gotten wind of (my dad is a Chevron exec based in Asia who keeps me up to date on these things) of any plans to expand their holdings here.

Not in Houston, at least not immediately, they don't I don't think. They're moving some people here, yes, but there hasn't been any talk internally, at least that I've gotten wind of (my dad is a Chevron exec based in Asia who keeps me up to date on these things) of any plans to expand their holdings here.

They are moving 800 people here from California over the next two years.

They are moving 800 people here from California over the next two years.

I know, hence the "they are moving people here, yes" in my comment. I was saying that 800 people over two years is not enough to necessitate a new tower, and there's no talking going on internally that I'm aware of that indicates that they will be moving any more people any time soon.

I wonder if Chevron and Shell are finding that being downtown is making recruiting the best and brightest young talent a little bit easier?

The oil and gas workforce is aging. Professional recruiters are literally fighting to place people in jobs. All things considered, if you were in your 20s, would you rather work downtown or out in The Woodlands or Energy Corridor?

I don't work for exxon, but my abundant contacts (all of whom are in their 20's) that do work for XOM always indicate that Chevron and Shell pay better and pull away a lot of youth from XOM.

Strictly rumor mill on my part, I have no numbers to back it up...but maybe you are party right.

Archived