Conservative talk show host Michael Berry can't even drive straight, hits car ou

Double L

Conservative talk radio host and former Houston city councilman Michael Berry is the subject of a police investigation after allegedly hitting a parked car outside a Montrose-area gay bar and fleeing the scene of the accident, according to a report by KPRC.

Tuderia Bennett told Houston Police that he was working as a bouncer outsideT.C's Show Bar at 11 p.m. on Jan. 31 when he saw a man in a black SUV reverse 70 feet on Converse Street before hitting his car, which was parallel parked. Bennett says he ran to the SUV and was able to get the license plate number and a good look at the driver before the car drove off.

According to an HPD event report, the license number led them to Berry, and bar owners told KPRC that surveillance video shows Berry inside the establishment on the night in question, when T.C.'s features a popular drag show.

http://houston.cultu...utside-gay-bar/

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gay and you couldn't get me to go in that bar. I'm no snob, but their clientele is questionable. You can tell that by the people sitting/drinking in the outdoor seating area, which you can see from the street.

He is apparently just going to ignore it and hope it goes away. Fat chance.

On his show he said he was dying to talk about it but his bosses were not allowing it. They may allow him tomorrow or the next day or the next day or the nex........but when they do.....LOOK OUT! He is going to blow the lid off this conspiracy to silence a important conservative voice.....blah....blah...blah... What a self important fool.

Micheal ought to ignore his bosses and do some 'splainin pretty quick. The "conspiracy" already made his Wiki page. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia....ry_(radio_host)

Allegations of hit and run

KPRC Local 2 Houston an area television news program has documented an incident in which Berry is alleged to have backed his car over 70 feet into a car before fleeing the scene. According to the bouncer and alleged victim, Todare Bennett, Berry backed directly into his vehicle and then sped away. Bennett was standing outside of the bar a popular gay nightclub called "TC's" and witnessed the incident at which point he says he ran to the car and got a clear view of the driver. Bennett also claims he wrote down the license plate number which was traced back to Berry. Video cameras from inside the club confirmed Berry was inside earlier. When locating a picture of Berry on the internet the alleged victim stated he immediately recognized Berry. Bennett said the incident occurred on "drag night". Charges were not filed by February 16, 2012.

On his show he said he was dying to talk about it but his bosses were not allowing it. They may allow him tomorrow or the next day or the next day or the nex........but when they do.....LOOK OUT! He is going to blow the lid off this conspiracy to silence a important conservative voice.....blah....blah...blah... What a self important fool.

I'm dying to hear how they conspired to entice him into that gay bar. Clearly, as a conservative heterosexual, Michael Berry would not know that it was a gay bar. However, as a conservative heterosexual, he should have known that EVERY bar in the Montrose is a gay bar.

Amirite? Amirite?

I'm dying to hear how they conspired to entice him into that gay bar. Clearly, as a conservative heterosexual, Michael Berry would not know that it was a gay bar. However, as a conservative heterosexual, he should have known that EVERY bar in the Montrose is a gay bar.

Amirite? Amirite?

If he didn't know Cousin's (it will always be Cousin's to me) wasn't a wholesome place for a good conservative alleged heterosexual family man it should have taken all of 5 seconds for him to figure that out. But Cousin's!? That place is the worst. I'm as gay as a tree full of parrots on Christmas morning but I wouldn't want the world to know I was hangin' out at Cousins. Was there once, heard all the stories and had to see for myself. I can't wait to hear the explanation MB comes up with.

I cant wait to hear how this comes out...I listened for a few minutes this morning, but when he did not lead with it, I went back to music for the remainder of my commute.

I often listen to Berry - I enjoy some of his rants.....this one looks like it is going to be pretty interesting.

If he didn't know Cousin's (it will always be Cousin's to me) wasn't a wholesome place for a good conservative alleged heterosexual family man it should have taken all of 5 seconds for him to figure that out. But Cousin's!? That place is the worst. I'm as gay as a tree full of parrots on Christmas morning but I wouldn't want the world to know I was hangin' out at Cousins. Was there once, heard all the stories and had to see for myself. I can't wait to hear the explanation MB comes up with.

This reminds me of a joke I recently heard and found funny... (Warning: This joke has political connotations.):

I get irritated when people come down on our police officers, saying that Texas police don't care about or respect others. Well, here is a story that clearly shows not all cops are in that category.

This story involves the police department in the small hill country town of Fredericksburg, TX who reported finding a man's body last Saturday in the early evening in the Pedernales River near the state highway-87 bridge. The dead man's name would not be released until his family had been notified.

The victim apparently drowned due to excessive beer consumption while visiting "someone" in Kerrville. He was wearing black fishnet stockings, 10-inch spiked heels, a red garter belt, a pink G-string, purple lipstick, dazzle dust on his eyelids, 2 1/2 inch false eyelashes and an Obama T-shirt.

The police removed the Obama T-shirt to spare his family any unnecessary embarrassment.

See there, Texas police do care.

Like this is a surprise. It is so obvious today that those that are most anti-gay, are gay. Just google the politicians over the last decade. Hello Rick Santorum! Hello Rick Perry! Those 2 are definitely next to be self-outed like Mr. Berry.

Funny... too funny.. the "gay face"... duh on Berry. Rick Perry? Gayest of all faces. Santorum? Gay Gay.

Santorum definitely has the "gay face." Not all gay men have the gay face, but all men with the gay face have likely had a in their mouth at some point or another!

had a WHAT in their mouth?? I don't get it. Did the man explain himself on the radio or WHAT??

I went and listened to the whole 54 minutes of explaining that he did....As much as I like Michael Berry - which is about 50% of the time...he did not make a very convincing argument.

He was having a beer at a bar (that just happens to host predominately gay people) because he thinks nobody there will bother him....I know plenty of places that you can have a cold beer without being bothered....even for someone as "famous" as MB.

I dont care if he is gay or not - but his explanation was far from convincing.

Surprised he didn't take the other angle when one gets caught up in a story like this... which is to say that Jesus hung out with hookers and train wrecks and that he was just doing God's work.

Seems as if the bigger story here though is drinking and driving and fleeing the scene... no matter how tawdry the scene may have been.

Surprised he didn't take the other angle when one gets caught up in a story like this... which is to say that Jesus hung out with hookers and train wrecks and that he was just doing God's work.

Seems as if the bigger story here though is drinking and driving and fleeing the scene... no matter how tawdry the scene may have been.

Well, now that Michael Berry has helpfully confessed to being at the scene of the crime, perhaps the DA's office will believe that they have a chance at prosecuting the case.

agreed on the drinking and driving being the #1 question he should (privately) be considering, since there's no case to be made on that issue by the authorities.

a bigger credibility problem for a conservative "family values" proselytizer like him is why he was in ANY bar at 11pm on a Tuesday night with a wife and young child at home, a job that ended at 7pm, and presumably no business-related reason for being in a bar.

he said TC's has "ice cold" beer and is close to his home. apparently he doesn't know how to set the thermostat on the refrigerator in his own kitchen.

Archived