New Baylor Football Stadium

lockmat

31 members have voted

1. 1. If built, will this new stadium help recruiting?

The McLane family, yeah.. Drayton made the largest gift in school history if I'm not mistaken, to build the stadium. If that is indeed true, then it was over 200 million because baylor recieved a 200 million dollar private donation like 5 years ago.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Went back for the game this weekend.. Wow the Baylor campus is becoming even more impressive! They are really serious about achieving the campus master plan.. If/when they pull it off it will undoubtedly be the nicest campus in the state.

A new chapel if I'm not mistaken, with the brand new business school behind it..

C876C0BA-F0B4-4B5B-A362-B202A1FDF3C9_zps

C0DA131F-4B92-4CDB-973D-7A2CB28673C1_zps

Fountain mall is finally getting a new (I assume there used to be one there..?) fountain.. Along with the 5th st pedestrian promenade development

A4F64E5B-96A8-43D1-8B13-EC058CD8B450_zps

B8D93597-77FE-4E7C-A7AD-DFBE2431DA05_zps

Penland renovation & dining hall expansion

8CD3EF5F-0DDE-43A1-A946-2FC38F490859_zps

0A2F30EC-FAE8-4BDA-8B1F-44D193D65F8C_zps

The Beauchamp Athletic Nutrition Center

590CE08F-1366-4A6B-BCF6-F7D61858DB1A_zps

Baylor Scott & White Athletic Health Center

C3B73057-877D-4FC6-B53D-0C2B0E2FB8E1_zps

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Impressive but I think SMUs campus beats this

Right now, i agree.. SMU has a slight edge on Baylors campus. Theres a reason I said "If/when they pull it off" (the Master Plan), that Baylors campus will be the nicest in the state. Admittedly i haven't seen any long term master plans for SMU but Baylors Master Plan is unfolding and its looking great!

Wife and I drove through Baylor campus last week for the first time in years. I was quite impressed. The stadium and athletic center look really nice the way they positioned them on the river.

Yeah theres an article from earlier this year talking about the river front facilities..

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/baylor-building-boom-top-notch-facilities-reflect-bears-surging-success/article_7d868ec6-4da9-5ffe-be2f-5df67af491bf.html

"Now Baylor’s stadiums, ballparks and other athletic facilities along the Brazos River are a model that many other schools would like to emulate.

Beginning with $266 million McLane Stadium on the shoulder of Interstate 35 all the way across LaSalle Avenue to the Willis Family Equestrian Center, Baylor’s facilities have become an impressive showcase and a remarkable recruiting tool for the coaching staff.

“One of the Big 12 athletic directors that was here a couple of weeks ago for NCAA tennis said you have the best athletic facilities in the country,” Baylor athletic director Ian McCaw said. “I think that’s exactly right. Baylor has been very generous to athletics as far as allowing us to develop facilities in the most beautiful part of campus right along the Brazos River.” "

Went back for the game this weekend.. Wow the Baylor campus is becoming even more impressive! They are really serious about achieving the campus master plan.. If/when they pull it off it will undoubtedly be the nicest campus in the state.

Fountain mall is finally getting a new (I assume there used to be one there..?) fountain.. Along with the 5th st pedestrian promenade development

A4F64E5B-96A8-43D1-8B13-EC058CD8B450_zps

B8D93597-77FE-4E7C-A7AD-DFBE2431DA05_zps

There used to be a fountain, at least in the 80's in the area behind the new fountain above, in the area between the trees.  We used to call it the "rocket launcher" due to it's similarity to a V1 launch ramp.  I heard it had some foundation problems, but in reality it was butt-ugly.

Here's the only picture I can find of it.

9b8de081d9ce74349f68aa8654366e06.jpg

Archived