New Baylor Football Stadium

lockmat

31 members have voted

1. 1. If built, will this new stadium help recruiting?

It surely would compliment the stadium, too bad its on the opposite side.

opposite side of what?

heres a generic auto reply i got from the company when inquiring about Legacy Landing.

"Thank you for your interest in this project.  Marketing information regarding the project is still in the process of being completed.  When the information has been finalized and is available, you will receive an email reply."

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

opposite side of what?

heres a generic auto reply i got from the company when inquiring about Legacy Landing.

"Thank you for your interest in this project. Marketing information regarding the project is still in the process of being completed. When the information has been finalized and is available, you will receive an email reply."

Of the stadium.

from where? the tower is planned to be on the same side of the river as Baylor Stadium, just down the river about half a mile or so, on the other side of LaSalle. the bridge to cross the river would be to access campus and the trail system that runs along the river.

from where? the tower is planned to be on the same side of the river as Baylor Stadium, just down the river about half a mile or so, on the other side of LaSalle. the bridge to cross the river would be to access campus and the trail system that runs along the river.

Opps I know I said opposite but I take it back, what I meant to say was a bit separated. 

oh, for sure.. it would be awesome if something like that was across 35 from the stadium, around where Buzzard Billies currently is. across the river from where the Brazos Commons is planned to go, much closer to downtown than the current site. i highly doubt the tower will happen though, but it would be very exciting for Waco.

• 2 weeks later...

i wish (not that it matters because this thing will most likely never see the light of day) they would build this closer to the stadium and the planned Brazos Commons site, near downtown where most of the pedestrian activity takes place.

The Baylor admin would probably try to block any development close enough and tall enough to get a good view of the games.

• 1 month later...

heres some updated pictures of the site after i got out of class today. the west side has been topped out for a few weeks now.. they have been working their way north, and now east. brick work started on some portions a while back and they are working on the siding on the west side now it looks like. cant wait till next season!

4BC02B37-C002-4891-8B55-E104142F72AD-250
8581ED43-CE32-4485-AEA5-0C3E10FDE04D-250
1F2A77FB-53DB-45F7-8311-45FEE222FDD2-250

blocked off UP? i havent noticed anything.. then again i live downtown and take 5th street to school, so i dont travel UP every day. it was probably just for the weekend or a quick fix repair. of course they are doing lots of serious construction immediately to the north of UP for the new bridges/access lanes, but nothing that i know of planned to happen to UP.

blocked off UP? i havent noticed anything.. then again i live downtown and take 5th street to school, so i dont travel UP every day. it was probably just for the weekend or a quick fix repair. of course they are doing lots of serious construction immediately to the north of UP for the new bridges/access lanes, but nothing that i know of planned to happen to UP.

Sorry...not UP itself, just a section alongside it between the road and the river.  You can see the stadium beyond the construction fencing so I was guessing it was related to the bridge that's supposed to go accross.

Homecoming weekend is going to be pretty spectacular once they get it all done since you won't have to leave campus for the game anymore.  Straight from the parade to the tailgate!

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of suspension bridges, do they still hold parties on the suspension bridge downtown now that dancing is allowed on campus?

there have been at least 4-5 events that ive noticed held at the suspension bridge since you asked that question, haha.

they started installing the guy wire cables for the new suspension/girder feeder road bridges by the stadium..

75213522-1FDD-4C0F-B817-8441B8E0E9F8-205

and much more extensive brick work has begun on the west side. for some reason the blue siding material thats behind the brick looks pink in this picture (it was at sunset), but you can see the difference between the pink (blue) and the signature baylor red brick.

35B9489B-198D-4189-A956-4F29623FFC63-205

found a fantastic spot for viewing construction.. right behind the law school. i hadnt been back there since the stadium started rising so it was crazy to see how impressive it looks across the river.

here are a few of what i presume are caisson type things for the footings of the pedestrian bridge. there is another behind the tree to the left.ECEBDB7A-D284-4629-ABD1-F9B70FDD5F0C-481

and of course, the view everyone wants to see.. the interior of the stadium
FA2D2872-7DF7-4241-B005-B966A53AE0ED-481

found a fantastic spot for viewing construction.. right behind the law school. i hadnt been back there since the stadium started rising so it was crazy to see how impressive it looks across the river.

here are a few of what i presume are caisson type things for the footings of the pedestrian bridge. there is another behind the tree to the left.ECEBDB7A-D284-4629-ABD1-F9B70FDD5F0C-481

and of course, the view everyone wants to see.. the interior of the stadium

Very nice.  I semi-recognize that riverbank as I used to check out a sunfish from the marina and sail up and down the river as far as they would let us after class.  What's going on in the distance with the crane? 

Very nice.  I semi-recognize that riverbank as I used to check out a sunfish from the marina and sail up and down the river as far as they would let us after class.  What's going on in the distance with the crane? 

haha, yes the riverbank has changed a bit. there used to be a few little coves/cut offs of the river on the northern side. i think they are converting the one closest to 35 into the new stadium marina they are building for sail-gating.

that construction is the new track and field stadium/complex, on the other side of the new marina from the football stadium. 

200756.jpg179874.jpg

That appears to be the location of the new track & field complex.

Archived