The Astoria: Condominium High-Rise At 1405 Post Oak Blvd.

wxman

• 2 weeks later...

yep fence is down and weird to say but i like it better with the fence down...anyway...they are really digging away and since i live next door and drive by it every day i still look at that plot of land and think my god thats small! haha! its going to be the most narrow tall building in uptown (besides that weird/ugly pencil looking almost no window building/complex at sage and richmond...)

• Like 1

Gene, I love your description of the Mercer:  "weird/ugly pencil looking almost no window building/complex".  Its an awkward phrase, but a very apt way to describe it!  Better than my own:  "the elevator shaft building".  :-)

haha thanks and yours is VERY appropriate as well!!! what in the heck were they thinking when they built that!?!? ;)

are these footings for the tower being drilled? they were doing a concrete pour for something today when i was in the area. sorry for the terrible angle. SkylineView will have to get us a better shot whenever he gets a chance.

DSC_7513_zps1f1b0fe0.jpg

you can see the concrete truck in the middle, backed up to something, pouring cement.
DSC_7516_zpsd4a6085a.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks for getting all these pictures...an engineer might have to chime in here but this is the same thing they did with the Skyhouse downtown.  Had a rig drilling while simultaneously pumping concrete into the hole.

no problem guys, i enjoy watching new projects rise so i had a good time checking everything out. i wish i was able to take the time to get out at each place and snap quality pictures but my buddy didnt have a whole lot of time (he was interested in the projects too after hearing me rambling on about all these great new things coming to Houston, lol)..

• Like 1