Marriott Marquis: GRB Convention Center Hotel At 1777 Walker St.

Subdude

On 5/11/2017 at 4:45 PM, Mab said:

The reviews online for Biggios might be starting to improve on balance but they still do seem to have significant issues (if you believe the reviews).  I have not been back since my first experience. Has anyone been in the last month?  Was service credible and efficient?

• Like 2

I have been to Biggios many times and love the place...good food and no service issues since that opening weekend from my experience.

and in other news, Bud's BBQ had it's grand opening Saturday although i wasn't in the mood for bbq and instead went to Mcalister's Deli and man that orange cranberry club sandwich was delicious...as was the strawberry lemonade! :o (and of course there were tons of awesome comicpalooza people in super fun costumes etc...love when there are cool events at GRB and DG...so fun to see so many people enjoying that area!)

• Like 6

7 hours ago, gene said:

I have been to Biggios many times and love the place...good food and no service issues since that opening weekend from my experience.

and in other news, Bud's BBQ had it's grand opening Saturday although i wasn't in the mood for bbq and instead went to Mcalister's Deli and man that orange cranberry club sandwich was delicious...as was the strawberry lemonade! :o (and of course there were tons of awesome comicpalooza people in super fun costumes etc...love when there are cool events at GRB and DG...so fun to see so many people enjoying that area!)

^^^ @gene glad that you had a great time my pal.  however, did BUD'S have the area alive and smelling of great BBQ?  i cannot help but picture this particular ambiance.  also, were there many people patronizing the new BUD'S?  i cannot wait to get there and try them out.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samagon said:

You know how you jinx a baseball team?

This, this is how you jinx a baseball team. If the Astros don't win, it's all your fault :(

He's probably a Rangers fan. Just kidding.  Btw, what is the area like during an Astros game?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, monarch said:

^^^ @gene glad that you had a great time my pal.  however, did BUD'S have the area alive and smelling of great BBQ?  i cannot help but picture this particular ambiance.  also, were there many people patronizing the new BUD'S?  i cannot wait to get there and try them out.....

haha it DID smell like delicious bbq and there was a reasonable crowd there...i was there in an off time (around 4pm) so i am betting it was even busier around lunch and dinner time! 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, HOUCAJUN said:

He's probably a Rangers fan. Just kidding.  Btw, what is the area like during an Astros game?

It's pretty vibrant, and not just during games. Considering the traffic, the remaining surface lots around disco green should disappear.

Edited by samagon
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wait, I thought all these business were going to fail after the super bowl?? No way is this accurate.

All sarcasm aside it's great to see this being reported. Mainly for those who still do not believe or understand it is not just the delusion of HAIF posters but rather the reality of the transformation of downtown.  

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:57 PM, UtterlyUrban said:

The reviews online for Biggios might be starting to improve on balance but they still do seem to have significant issues (if you believe the reviews).  I have not been back since my first experience. Has anyone been in the last month?  Was service credible and efficient?

I have been a few times in the last month to watch the Astros on their screens and grab a burger.  It is an easy place to eat, and then my kids go to Discovery Green afterwards. I really like taking out of towners there as it shows off the area, and that downtown is alive.

• Like 1

Our family  went to Biggios while we stayed at the Marriott. Enjoyed it greatly, but I am not a gourmet and as long as the service is functional, I'm happy. CrockpotandGravel has an extensive awareness of the Houston dining scene. His opinion perhaps?

Edited by Twinsanity02
grammar

• 2 years later...
  • The title was changed to Marriott Marquis - New GRB Convention Center Hotel + Retail
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ugh I feel like I'm going to stumble over that edge just looking at that picture. But that is a beautiful view.

I wish Google would do some night-time aerial imagery over big cities someday, that would be useless but really cool. I guess aside from being expensive and not commercially useful, there must be some technical issue with exposure times making such a thing hard to do?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Marriott Marquis: New GRB Convention Center Hotel And Retail
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Marriott Marquis: GRB Convention Center Hotel At 1777 Walker St.