Post Oak Central Campus At 1990 Post Oak Blvd.

editor

I was doing some research today and came across this quote in a New York Times article from the 80's:

When Johnson-Burgee built the Post Oak Towers in Houston, which was hailed by critics as a milestone in skyscraper design because it departed from the standard glass box of the period.

I think a lot of people in Houston don't realize the significance of these buildings.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Crescent Real Estate Equities LLC is looking at developing space for retail shops, restaurants, a conference center, cafeteria and fitness facility in front of the 1.2 million-square-foot complex in the Galleria area. The construction idea comes at a time when new commercial developments are popping up all around the 17-acre complex

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/print-edition/2011/07/22/bullish-on-post-oak.html

map: http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=nyqxzm71b9x3&lvl=17&dir=0&sty=b&form=LMLTCC

• Like 2

Crescent Real Estate Equities LLC is looking at developing space for retail shops, restaurants, a conference center, cafeteria and fitness facility in front of the 1.2 million-square-foot complex in the Galleria area. The construction idea comes at a time when new commercial developments are popping up all around the 17-acre complex

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/print-edition/2011/07/22/bullish-on-post-oak.html

map: http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=nyqxzm71b9x3&lvl=17&dir=0&sty=b&form=LMLTCC

In theory, I should be happy that Post Oak is getting knitted together with nice, modern, walkable retail. (It's one more opportunity to show up all the fashionistas in Dallas.) In practice, I wonder who needs all this new retail space. There can only be so many high-rent boutiques. Wealthy Mexican nationals, perhaps?

In theory, I should be happy that Post Oak is getting knitted together with nice, modern, walkable retail. (It's one more opportunity to show up all the fashionistas in Dallas.) In practice, I wonder who needs all this new retail space. There can only be so many high-rent boutiques. Wealthy Mexican nationals, perhaps?

I hate you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I live across the street, and every day when I see the complex, I always think that there is too much unused space out in the front there. They could fit a whole additional tower there. Personally, I hope this happens, if for no other reason than for me to have a place to go hang out at across the street while I'm bored before BLVD Place is finished. ;)

I'm and pretty sure that complex already has some retail and a gym in it.

• 5 months later...

The oil and gas exploration and production company signed a new lease this month for 132,000 square feet, which was rolled into a lease renewal for its existing 365,000 square feet, bringing its total square footage to 497,000 at the Post Oak Central office complex.

Houston-based Apache (NYSE: APA) had been considering its real estate options, including possibly pre-leasing space in a proposed office building that would not be built without a commitment from a lead tenant.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2012/01/31/apache-expands-office-at-post-oak.html

Good news that Apache is using up more office space, however I do wonder which office building they were looking into.

They're probably just increasing their space in that same building. I worked a contract position there for a short while.

Yea that's what they decided on but the article mentioned they were looking into a new building before they made the call.

Either way more demand for office space is a good thing.

They're probably just increasing their space in that same building. I worked a contract position there for a short while.

No need to guess. The article says "Apache occupies its existing space in One Post Oak Central at 2000 Post Oak Blvd. and took additional space in Three Post Oak Central at 1990 Post Oak Blvd."

Yea that's what they decided on but the article mentioned they were looking into a new building before they made the call.

Either way more demand for office space is a good thing.

As mentioned in another thread on this topic (mods, can we combine threads?), they only leased for 5 years, so it seems they may still be in the market for a new tower.

• 3 years later...

It would be great if they could reinvigorate the already-existing strip retail at Post Oak Central.  However, if they were to replace the nice triangular park that fronts on Post Oak Blvd, I think it would be a major blow.  Going forward, I think area residents and workers will come to appreciate that park even more, if it stays.  Aside from that, there's a special aesthetic aspect that people haven't commented on:  ever notice how it relates spatially with the smaller triangular park across the street between the Hilton and The Lofts on PO?  I have always assumed that the 2 parks were placed that way due to some forward thinking at Hines, but I don't know for sure. 

• Like 2

The Post Oak Campus already has retail. Looks like they are just renovating the exterior and plaza. Looks good! Did Phillip Johnson design the parking garage too? I think this is by far the ugliest garage in the area.

Those garages need to be bulldozed and replaced with taller garages and more buildings. They were built when land was way, way cheaper. The owners would basically get free land by densifying it.

• Like 2

the new iPic, shall be opening it's new theater just right down the street at river oaks district ROD....

Ya but i don't wanna pay 19 bucks just to watch a movie. I'm talking about a regular theater like amc or edwards

Edited by BaderJF
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Maybe moving people from OKC will speed up the new tower. One can dream, right?

http://m.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2015/06/01/apache-restructures-including-new-leadership-plans.html

^^^ it is most unfortunate the idea of anyone losing their jobs within the tulsa, ok, office.  however, any forward energy progress headed towards the city of houston, is much appreciated indeed.  props for sharing dakota79....

I feel like OKC, in a way, is a sort of sister-city to Houston. We've got a AAA baseball team up there, and they gave us James Harden in return.

OKC is alright by me.

Our AAA basball team is now the Fresno Grizzlies in California.

Pacific coast League.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

thanks to the Post Oak Blvd project, no Uptown Holiday Lighting for 2 years...

seeing that Post Oak Central is the epicenter of this event i thought i would post here...I personally love to attend this since its a block from my home and my friends all come out to hang... it will be missed! (they are saying in 2019 it will be bigger and better, so at least there's that!)

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/article/Uptown-Holiday-Lighting-postponed-til-next-year-11943044.php

• Like 1