Midtown Arts Center At 3400 Main St.

Highway6

I think more than anything, Lake Flato Architects, is a "game-changer". They are sorta the hip architects in Texas right now and are getting national recognition. The fact them and Studio RED are investing resources in Houston is BIG (hmmm maybe another firm to drag down here ;) ). Anyway I love this project. Very contemporary. The architecture looks Texas with a dash of industrial. This really gives this area an anchoring point for future growth!

I would hardly go that far.  The project - even if windowless tilt wall would be the game changer for that area - and not the architects.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone would disagree that it is a plus for the area or a catalyst for other developments. But it isn't changing any game.

My biggest concern living on main would be a full service grocery I could walk to or a short train or bus ride to. That would be the game changer for me.

I don't mind taking a longer bus or train ride to entertainment, but neighborhoods need groceries and services within a few blocks

Hmm... I've always wondered by smaller more frequent buses don't run in each of our districts, just to get people around the neighborhood quickly... like a taxi service I guess

Hmm... I've always wondered by smaller more frequent buses don't run in each of our districts, just to get people around the neighborhood quickly... like a taxi service I guess

Because the change in density doesn't fluctuate that much between the neighborhood and outside of it. We don't have many points of high or low density like northeast or European cities. Instead the density is medium for miles and miles.

We don't have many neighborhood buses because the areas meld into each other for great distances

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I want to say that building was sold to Midtown Redevelopment Authority a while back, but I don't recall if they ever proposed a use for the building/lot.  It's definitely been another wise purchase of behalf of the MRA because that lot will bring big bucks after the Mid Main and MATCH constructions are complete.

So wait, where is Mid Main office/garage going up relative to this? 

edit: Nevermind. However, Mid Main will take up two total blocks with office and residential?

Edited by kdog08

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...