Bank Of America Tower At 800 Capitol St.

barracuda

• The title was changed to Capitol Tower by Skanska, formerly Houston Club Building
10 hours ago, hindesky said:

The tower crane for the garage is coming down this weekend.

"Friday, July 28 (7 pm) – Sunday, July 30 (5 pm) 
Complete continuous closure of the 700 block of Travis (between Rusk and Capitol) for crane dismantlement."

I was wondering about that, it looks really tight to the top of the garage structure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, takeshi said:

View from the north tower of Pennzoil Place.

35753473104_6dbec400e7_k.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=0df11c2692701d92imageproxy.php?img=&key=0df11c2692701d92imageproxy.php?img=&key=0df11c2692701d92imageproxy.php?img=&key=0df11c2692701d92imageproxy.php?img=&key=0df11c2692701d92imageproxy.php?img=&key=0df11c2692701d92

wow, this is really exciting, even if it is "only" going to be 35 floors high. :)  Takes me back to watching the construction cam for 609 Main when it rapidly rose in the last couple of years.  Hoping to watch this one similarly soon.  Maybe someday, we can watch an awesome supertall rise in Downtown.  Talk about exiting to us skyscraper nerds !

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wxman said:

This building is now visible driving down 45. It's rising pretty quickly.

Thats awesome. I count ~16 floors in urbannizers post, and about 10 of them are shorter parking garage levels, so this should have a decent presence for being only 35 stories.

• Like 1

This roof garden gives you a front row seat to some of downtown's best architecture.  I'm glad to see they turned this into a true amenity.  Until now the green roof was sold as a pretty thing but not accessible to tenants.  Looks like they decided to pony up the extra cash for what will be a really cool space.

• Like 3