Bank Of America Tower At 800 Capitol St.

barracuda

27 minutes ago, Avossos said:

Ah ok. Well obviously CBRE needs offices in every city, but i had thought CREguy said something about them being a lead tenant. I might have been mistaken.

How many employees does CBRE have in Houston?

I have not heard anything about us being a lead tenant.

I would say we have several hundred employees (perhaps 600?) with the three main offices being Willis Tower, Memorial City Tower, and 700 Louisiana. We have a bunch of smaller branches sprinkled throughout. CBRE has such a large portfolio and so many deals with other buildings, I just don't see us moving all of our operations here. If they did, I would certainly welcome it though! But I am sure any amount of smaller tenants will help this building move forward. A lot of financial firms, law offices, and real estate companies are needing room to expand and with this being such a prime location, it's going to be snagged up unlike the other proposed office towers in downtown. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Triton said:

I have not heard anything about us being a lead tenant.

I would say we have several hundred employees (perhaps 600?) with the three main offices being Willis Tower, Memorial City Tower, and 700 Louisiana. We have a bunch of smaller branches sprinkled throughout. CBRE has such a large portfolio and so many deals with other buildings, I just don't see us moving all of our operations here. If they did, I would certainly welcome it though! But I am sure any amount of smaller tenants will help this building move forward. A lot of financial firms, law offices, and real estate companies are needing room to expand and with this being such a prime location, it's going to be snagged up unlike the other proposed office towers in downtown. 

There's a Willis Tower in Houston?  I presume you meant to say Williams Tower?

FWIW, CBRE did recently consolidate their 3 Dallas offices into one location...

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

There's a Willis Tower in Houston?  I presume you meant to say Williams Tower?

FWIW, CBRE did recently consolidate their 3 Dallas offices into one location...

Hmmm... wonder why I was thinking of Chicago. Yea, Williams Tower. Upper management could surprise me and move us into one place but I am just saying I haven't heard anyone saying that. But I believe the consolidation in Dallas had to do with our IT Services falling under one roof as Digital Technology Services... I don't know, CBRE has over 30K employees so I am not sure what happens in every city. You have an article for that?

• Like 1

The articles I am reading about BOA are confusing. They keep saying BOA is expanding but they have over 400,000 currently and only signed for 210,000. So, they are either keeping their current space and this is additional space or the PR spin is Spiced with Conway.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KinkaidAlum said:

The articles I am reading about BOA are confusing. They keep saying BOA is expanding but they have over 400,000 currently and only signed for 210,000. So, they are either keeping their current space and this is additional space or the PR spin is Spiced with Conway.

The Bisnow article linked above seems pretty clear that they are moving out of their current building. 400,000 to 210,000... ouch. Then again, they keep talking about the opportunity to "co-locate"/consolidate different teams, which sounds like they're bringing in other offices from around town to be with the main office. Also, new construction is going to have higher rent... not exactly a cost-cutting move. And Capitol Tower, while nice, doesn't exactly have that signature look that BoA goes for in their buildings.... making me think that this is an expansion. Guess we'll have to wait to hear more.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

Also, new construction is going to have higher rent... not exactly a cost-cutting move. 

ehhhh... not so much.  A+ is A+.  It's going to be less unsettling to no longer get memos from BOAC (what they call it - we use 700 Louisiana or "the big building with the spikes on it)... a better version of this image keeps coming up.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mollusk said:

ehhhh... not so much.  A+ is A+.  It's going to be less unsettling to no longer get memos from BOAC (what they call it - we use 700 Louisiana or "the big building with the spikes on it)... a better version of this image keeps coming up.

Right now asking rent at BoA is $32/SF NNN. If Capitol Tower doesn't lease for higher than that I'll be quite surprised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, houstonfella said:

Pennzoil is 523 ft. tall and Capitol Tower will be 579 ft. tall.  So, yes, it should be quite visible from I-45 coming into town from the north.

The Gulf Building might not be visible from I-45 N anymore, but times change. You can't see the Wrigley Building from any of Chicago's freeways.

• Like 4

I'm glad it's going up, I think, but it's pretty drab. Shouldn't give too much praise for this bore. If the reason is the cost well then I think that has been proven that it doesn't take a lot of money to snazz things up a bit. It's just a lack of creativity both financially and design-wise. Shame be upon them. BAAHH, I say!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

I'll be curious if this tower's light-up feature will be visible at night.  609 Main's is faded and doesn't light up the whole crown--which is strange given that the bend in the crown is not really visible at night.

If what we have saw of the 609 crown is the finale product then I would just prefer they have no lighting at all.  Looks tacky and unfinished.   

• Like 4

There will be another great view from Almeda just south of Axelrad.

By the way after spending much time looking at Downtown from the south, 288 and third ward areas, I have noticed that the skyline is broken up into three distinct clusters. Theres the Continental/Enron Allen Center cluster, the Wells Fargo, Shell Houston energy cluster, and then the Chase 609 Houston Center cluster. Right in the  center is Pennzoil and nothing else. I think somewhere on the SE side of central downtown would be the perfect spot for a supertall. I really like the skyline form the south and southeast. You see all of the old and it looks so much more dense.

Density is the secret.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, wxman said:

Can't wait for this sucker to rise! It should rise fairly rapidly being the foundation and garage are long complete.

It is a little tough to tell from my picture above, but the tan walls you see in the middle are actually the forms for pouring elevator shaft walls. They are picking up right where they left off, it should go quickly.

• Like 1