Bank Of America Tower At 800 Capitol St.

barracuda

You can kind of see it in Nates picture but they are starting to wrap the building in metal framing that looks like scaffolding. I can't tell what it is though, because even though it was about 10 floors up on the Travis side it didn't have any decking for workers to perch. This is such an interesting development due to the wacky way they are going about it!

I'm guessing that we will see some kind of fabric or mesh covering over the scaffolding framework soon as a debris catcher/dust abatement measure while they knock down the building from the top. 

This building is pretty big, and while that might allow for more equipment to do the job, I still think taking this one down floor by floor will be a long process compared to what we see at the 609 Main site. But given that they are building a whole ramp system for the garage, it seems to me that this whole process is planned to take quite a while anyway. 

Edited by Nate99

So here's a bit more about the parking contract story. This was posted on the door to the old garage down in the tunnels. It must be Chase (712 Main is the cool old J.P. Morgan Chase Building) that has the ironclad parking contracts, everyone else was booted at the end of February. 

Maybe Chase is ponying up for the new ramps, who knows. In any case, this makes a bit less sense on the economics of the temporary retrofit, at least as I have been theorizing. 

eia2o1.jpg

Edited by Nate99
  • Like 1

I should hopefully be getting a new camera next week so that there's better quality but this tower of scaffolding is going all the way to the top now if y'all can tell:

13634458964_02801ebe68_c.jpg

Maybe they'll instal a trash chute for the interior demo.

Maybe they'll instal a trash chute for the interior demo.

It's going up around the entire building though. I'm guessing it's just going up to protect people below once they put up whatever they need to put up around the scaffolding.

Edit: whoops. haha Protect people, not protest people.

Edited by Triton

I think someone posted this already. Heard a bunch of people complaining in the tunnels since their stores that they used to go to were closed.

hmmm...both whiny and not very diligent.  That bunch is really gonna love it once they have to actually deal with fresh air.  The only tenants I know of that didn't move somewhere reasonably nearby were Ko Ko Ro Sushi, which once one got past the idea of "tunnel sushi" was actually pretty serviceable, and the iFly fishing gear store, which never seemed to have customers.

Edited by mollusk

Watching Foleys/Macy's go down and now the Texas Tower, I am imagining a crazy amount of rubble that they will need to move as they clear the big building off the site. 

There will be a lot of truck traffic for a long time to ship this thing out, especially without any area to work as a staging to make big piles that can be worked down. 

• Like 1

Watching Foleys/Macy's go down and now the Texas Tower, I am imagining a crazy amount of rubble that they will need to move as they clear the big building off the site. 

There will be a lot of truck traffic for a long time to ship this thing out, especially without any area to work as a staging to make big piles that can be worked down. 

My guess is that they will use the current drop off/pick up bays as a loading dock.  But you are right - the logistics of getting all that debris out of there are going to be challenging.