Bank Of America Tower At 800 Capitol St.

barracuda

You obviously sound like you know what your talking about, but how do they get the plane and the skyline both  clear in one shot.

Its been so long since i used a camera it was always either the foreground was sharp and the background fuzzy. or vice versa.

I like the view of this this tower taking the flyover from I-10 east to 45 south. It would be nice if it was taller but it still is great infill and has an impact on the skyline from certain angles. I really look forward to block 57 and 58 getting built. Those should really make an impact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobruss said:

You obviously sound like you know what your talking about, but how do they get the plane and the skyline both  clear in one shot.

Its been so long since i used a camera it was always either the foreground was sharp and the background fuzzy. or vice versa.

Small aperture.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm this is not a composite.  This is just a combination of a clear day, good lighting and a strong telephoto lens.  I'm guessing 600mm or so.  

I have shot images from this garage before (I just don't have that long of a telephoto lens) and the view to downtown can be quite nice with the right gear.

• Like 3

I was zooming in on the bottom image and couldn't understand what I was seeing. If you zoom in on the building between  the Shell building and Bank Of America, there is a building just behind the Bob Casey fed. building that I cant figure out what the white things are hanging off the edge of the top of the  building. Can anyone tell me what is going on with this or am I seeing things. I just don't recall all of whats going on up top. Thanks, It might just be a case of old eyes not working so well.

No, that's not what Im talking about. I'm talking about the building in the background fairly tall that is between  the Bank of America, and the Shell building. The stocky short white  building in front of the two is the Bob Casey Federal courthouse. The one I'm talking about is just behind the bulky white Casey building probably 25 to 30 storeis high. It looks like it has white banners hanging over the sides at different lengths. 

But thanks cspwal

Edited by bobruss

3 hours ago, bobruss said:

The one I'm talking about is just behind the bulky white Casey building probably 25 to 30 storeis high.

That's 611 Walker, the former HL&P headquarters (the Electric Tower).
edit: It's currently called the Bob Lanier Public Works Building

Edited by dbigtex56
add info
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 3:25 PM, Nate99 said:

Picture hosting gone wonky,  but they have removed the temporary cinder block wall on the street level and you can see around the corner on the garage side. Pretty cool if it stays that way with the glass that they are using up to the next level through the lobby. 

https://i.imgur.com/P17B6ac.jpg

The conder block wall the tree mural was on?

3 hours ago, cloud713 said:

The conder block wall the tree mural was on?

No, the picture is taken from Milam facing Rusk.  The tree mural is on Rusk at the Travis end; that area looks like it will be dedicated to "back of the house" functions. 

image.png.f58eb7e6b301489fa77142e8cdccb179.png

Edited by mollusk