Bank Of America Tower At 800 Capitol St.

barracuda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, ArtNsf said:

Great photo. thanks !  This building looks about topped out at 35 floors to me.  What a great addition to the skyline, albeit not as tall as some of it's neighbors.  Mid-rise infill is good too though.

I count 31 completed stories with 32 completed "floors".

What's crazy is that for a long time the design was to have a green roof but for it not to be accessible to anyone but maintenance people.  This is at least a 2-3 million dollar amenity that they are adding, I am curious if BOA is chipping in or if this is what they needed to include to get BOA signed as a tenant.  Regardless, this going to be one hell of a feature and will likely have one of the best downtown views. 

• Like 1

Ok, so according to Emporis which might be correct or not this building will rise 56 feet above the Pennzoil and more importantly 61 feet taller than the R.R.I. Energy building which sits just south and should make it visible from 288 south. I think the illuminated light box will be a nice addition to the night skyline, where it can be seen.

One other thing you have to remember is that people don't just look at a skyline as a still life from the freeway. Not all buildings appear from every angle.

Its the affect that it has on pedestrians in the actual downtown and the way it fits in with  the surrounding buildings that I think actually play a more important part in the human experience.

This building will do all of those things and I really look forward to the new more visible tunnel connection.

Not so much for me to explore but for those in the tunnels to see daylight.

The question is will they venture to the surface. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bobruss said:

This building will do all of those things and I really look forward to the new more visible tunnel connection.

Not so much for me to explore but for those in the tunnels to see daylight.

The question is will they venture to the surface. 

Sunlight hurts the Mole People's eyes, and fresh air feels funny on their skin.  Rumor has it that moisture causes them to melt. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1