Gables Tanglewood: Multifamily At 5740 San Felipe St.

Yes, it will be where the funeral home is. As much as I like it, it does seem kinda out of place in that part of town. Still looks cool though

The area may have some very nice single family neighborhoods but this stretch of Bering is nothing but multifamily housing.

Kick ass looking pool.

The area may have some very nice single family neighborhoods but this stretch of Bering is nothing but multifamily housing.

Kick ass looking pool.

Yea I live on chimmney rock and woodway so I am very familiar with the area. Im just thinking in terms of San Felipe it seems a little isolated, with T.H. Rogers on one side and Tanglewood on the next. Don't let my negativity fool you this looks amazing especially if the pool is visible from the street.

• 4 weeks later...

proj1781.jpg

This upscale mixed-use development' date=' located in the prestigious Tanglewood area, just west of Houston's Galleria area. The 8-story concrete frame building will include a spectacular rooftop pool terrace with a club room and outdoor living room, with views of the Galleria and Uptown Houston. [/size']

The design carefully integrates a detailed brick and masonry facade, acknowledging the soft pastel color palette of the surrounding Mediterranean heritage of Tanglewood. Bering adds a dose of luxury apartment living and boutique retail to activate the street scene of this upscale urban development.

http://www.zieglerco...d=41&projid=165

Edited by Urbannizer
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
The design carefully integrates a detailed brick and masonry facade, acknowledging the soft pastel color palette of the surrounding Mediterranean heritage of Tanglewood.

Wait... Tanglewood has a Mediterranean heritage? Since when?

I can't beleive that Zeigler Cooper actually allowed that on their website.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm not exactly sure what the status is at this point. I do know that subcontractor proposals were turned in towards the end of last month based on another progressive set of drawings.

The first level is parking and then one half has a courtyard and the other half has parking all the way up to level 8 in a courtyard like fashion. The parking is separated from the residental units by CMU walls.

• Like 2

They put the fence up and tore the building down today. I drove by around noon and the fence was just being finished, and there were two excavators sitting on the rubble. About half of the building was torn down at that point. I suspect it's all gone by now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.bisnow.co...ory.php?p=19880

"Last month, Gables broke ground on its latest mixed-use project —Gables Tanglewood. Ziegler Cooper is designing the eight-story, 305-unit community at San Felipe and Bering, so we caught up with Scott Ziegler. He tells us it will feature 22k SF of retail (ground-level coffee shops and cafes) with six floors of apartments above. He says it was challenging figuring out the right combo of unit mix and retail. Plus, rooftop pools (becoming a signature for Gables) are always interesting to design. The project will open in May ’13."

Edited by DrLan34

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...