Holiday/Days/Heaven On Earth Inn At 801 St. Joseph Pkwy.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

On 5/15/2019 at 1:30 PM, mollusk said:

In this context, is "REMUV" really graffiti?

It would be great if "REMUV" was on the drawings for a demolition contract. 😊 I've wondered for sometime if this thread should be merged with the 801 St. Joseph Parkway thread in Crater Houston Alliance. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Edited by Specwriter
additional comment

• 2 months later...

I'm not terribly impressed.

my understanding is that under contract means that there's someone out there who's willing to drop some money to 'get a good look under the skirt' and see exactly how much investment will have to be made before they can start making money.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, samagon said:

my understanding is that under contract means that there's someone out there who's willing to drop some money to 'get a good look under the skirt' and see exactly how much investment will have to be made before they can start making money.

True. They might also buy it and just sit on it for years. Nobody knows. Its why on the map I always put "Potential Development". The potential is there, but its not if its likely or unlikely.

19 hours ago, samagon said:

I think much of this is done before a property goes under contract.

19 hours ago, Elseed said:

This entire building should just be filled with murals, inside and out. That would be an awesome site to see.

My dream for this building has always been to strip it to its concrete, knock out some walls, add creative stairs and ramps throughout, beef up the elevators and/or put glass elevators on the sides, and turn it into a gallery/exhibit/event space/vertical graffiti park. Restyle the garage and add ground floor amenities and you could have a hot spot that generates some revenue at least

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2020 at 12:45 PM, wilcal said:

Listing says "Last updated 1/22/20"

Doesn't say anything about being under contract anymore

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/801-St-Joseph-Pky-Houston-TX/12352462/

Did it specifically say under contract on this page?

29 minutes ago, Brooklyn173 said:

Something is happening here. Construction fencing is up and there were workers on the roof of the ancillary building in the parking area. I'm not sure if it is related to the construction across the street (Fairfield Apartments) or just the parking area or something larger.

Loopnet listing now says "last updated 2/3/20"

No idea what changed though!

46 minutes ago, Brooklyn173 said:

Something is happening here. Construction fencing is up and there were workers on the roof of the ancillary building in the parking area. I'm not sure if it is related to the construction across the street (Fairfield Apartments) or just the parking area or something larger.

20200225_103701.jpg.8174e3ad5c61734b21d04d6f32d21881.jpg20200225_103642.thumb.jpg.9f7b264b48e2e5b2298651d790a7e991.jpg

I believe that is an old drive-through bank.  Is that under the same ownership as the old hotel building? 

On 12/31/2019 at 9:53 AM, cspwal said:

Looked up this thread to be pedantic on another thread, and made me think - should the title be updated to be 801 St Joesph Parkway?

Probably should for many reasons, but as a reminder of just how bad this thing is, it's an interesting artifact. 

• Like 1

So what are people hoping happens with this? Torn down and something new (just not a surface parking lot), or restoring the building and using it for something else (I assume this would be faster than a tear down)? I guess I assume, based on the listing itself, that if anything happens to it then it will be an reuse or restore. Its strange that with all the development in DT, including development in that area, that no one has taken a chance on the building. 

They should make it like the city museum in St. Louis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Museum . Make the top floor a bar and restaurant with all glass walls because of the view would be great, call wolfgang puck and tell him the space is his. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, X.R. said:

So what are people hoping happens with this? Torn down and something new (just not a surface parking lot), or restoring the building and using it for something else (I assume this would be faster than a tear down)? I guess I assume, based on the listing itself, that if anything happens to it then it will be an reuse or restore. Its strange that with all the development in DT, including development in that area, that no one has taken a chance on the building. 

They should make it like the city museum in St. Louis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Museum . Make the top floor a bar and restaurant with all glass walls because of the view would be great, call wolfgang puck and tell him the space is his. 

Wow I didn't know that existed, yet that's exactly what I want for this. I was thinking art galleries + exhibition space + museum space + vertical graffiti park + observation deck + restaurants and of course ground floor retail 

3 hours ago, X.R. said:

Interesting idea! (except the Wofgang Puck part ... blehh) 

• Like 2

I went by this the other day and the dump trucks were using it for a queuing area for the excavations at the Fairfield residential site (sorry for the run on sentence). So I am assuming that this is just lay down area and a construction site office (there was a new generator hooked up for the old bank building). Sadly, probably nothing of permanent value.

But hopefully interested eyes might be turned to the old building now...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...