Houston & Texas in the 2010's

Honestly, I feel like we as a city, and as a state, have gotten a lot of credibility recently. The History Channel's "How the States got their shapes" have been all over us. Houston has been shown in every show since the program began. From Ice House clips to glamourous skyline shots, even to Beyonce's 2 most recent singles.

Have we gotten the recognition that we deserve? I didnt know that Texas was on it's own power grid, sperate from the east and west coasts. And unless someone is a slave to pop music, did you notice Beyonce has not recognized her Houston heritage directly in her songs until now. It almost seemed taboo to reference Houston.

Have we climbed high enough past our Michael Moore/Bush references because of our job creation in these tuff times, our commitment to recreation, and our shifts to High Speed Rail & Wind Energy?

Well our economy does create jobs at a steady pace it seems (even though most might be low end such as walmarrrt cashiers and the like). And we have grown since the last census... and JSC is closing... and we have the TMC... and Q-tip... and we're the largest city in the US to elect a GLTB mayor...

I didnt know that Texas was on it's own power grid, sperate from the east and west coasts.

Then how come the Arizona fires are a threat to our power supply? I know we used to be on a separate grid, but that may not be the case anymore.

Then how come the Arizona fires are a threat to our power supply? I know we used to be on a separate grid, but that may not be the case anymore.

Well the goofy Host was talking to some guy who works for the state and he said we were on our own grid, of the 3 in the US. But then again, it is the History Channel. "America, The Story of Us" was riddled with false information.

Well our economy does create jobs at a steady pace it seems (even though most might be low end such as walmarrrt cashiers and the like). And we have grown since the last census... and JSC is closing... and we have the TMC... and Q-tip... and we're the largest city in the US to elect a GLTB mayor...

Q-tip? The rapper?

• 1 year later...

Archived