Election 2012 - Republican nominee

Highway6

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the Republican Presidential Nominee be?

• Herman Cain
    • Newt Gingrich
    • Gary Johnson
    • Ron Paul
    • Tim Pawlenty
    • Mitt Romney
    • Rick Santorum
    • Michelle Bachman
    • John Bolton
    • Mitch Daniels
    • Lindsey Graham
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Sara Palin
    • Donald Trump
    • Other
  2. 2. Who will the Republican VP Nominee be?

• Herman Cain
    • Newt Gingrich
    • Gary Johnson
    • Ron Paul
    • Tim Pawlenty
    • Mitt Romney
    • Rick Santorum
    • Michelle Bachman
    • John Bolton
    • Mitch Daniels
    • Lindsey Graham
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Sara Palin
    • Donald Trump
    • Other

Figure it's never too early to guess.

The Poll Question is " Who will the nominee be "

The question is not " Who do you want the nominee to be".

It is not "Who do I think has the best chance of beating Obama" for you right-leaners.

It is not "Who do I think has the least chance of beating Obama" for you left-leaners.

I'm envisioning this more like our NCAA pick'em contests .. just a friendly competition to see if anyone is brave enough to pick an underdog or if a favorite wins... To see who can properly guess the front runner a year in advance.

The poll is public.. your screen name will be seen.

For more information on the potential candidates - http://2012.republican-candidates.org/

Figure it's never too early to guess.

The Poll Question is " Who will the nominee be "

The question is not " Who do you want the nominee to be".

It is not "Who do I think has the best chance of beating Obama" for you right-leaners.

It is not "Who do I think has the least chance of beating Obama" for you left-leaners.

I'm envisioning this more like our NCAA pick'em contests .. just a friendly competition to see if anyone is brave enough to pick an underdog or if a favorite wins.

The poll is public.. your screen name will be seen.

For more information on the potential candidates - http://2012.republican-candidates.org/

Does this mean we can put together who will think the nominees are and then figure out who the VP's are? When is the deadline for people to throw their hat in the ring?

Does this mean we can put together who will think the nominees are and then figure out who the VP's are? When is the deadline for people to throw their hat in the ring?

Not a bad idea.. I'll add a poll question for VP candidate as well.

No deadline.. Not sure if I'm able to close the poll.

Not a bad idea.. I'll add a poll question for VP candidate as well.

No deadline.. Not sure if I'm able to close the poll.

I say we wait until a few months or a year before the primaries. VP's can be anyone.

Hell, I didn't think Palin was on anyone's radar, and I doubt anyone thought there would be anyone idiotic enough to pick Biden.

I say we wait until a few months or a year before the primaries. VP's can be anyone.

Hell, I didn't think Palin was on anyone's radar, and I doubt anyone thought there would be anyone idiotic enough to pick Biden.

I think the fun is picking now.. not 9 months from now when there may only be 4-5 serious names.

And There is the "Other" slot... so for example if someone think Gov Christie is bluffing and will in fact throw his hat in the ring.. Be bold, Pick other, the Post who your "Other" pick is.

There doesn't have to be a winner here.. a year from now might find us with a Dan Quale/Jon Voight ticket and all of us will have been proven to not be psychic... and that's Ok.

The field is way too messy right now to have any idea. It's a total mystery.

Since I can't answer who I think will win, I will break the rules and answer Ron Paul. :D

So is march madness and that doesnt stop people.

I think Ron Paul will at least make the Elite 8.

No one got the joke? Bachman? Turner? Bachman Turner Overdrive? I feel soooooooo old......

LOL.

I ignored it for the exact same reason. I didn't want to be outted as an OLD person.

Led Zepplin.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Romney is the biggest contender for Pres. Obama. So far they are in a statistically even, but Romney has a slight edge among registered voters.

<link>

I find his saying interesting, "Barack Obama has failed America."

Looks like it will all depend on the economy, Carville is hysterical.

Looks like Romney is the biggest contender for Pres. Obama. So far they are in a statistically even, but Romney has a slight edge among registered voters.

<link>

I find his saying interesting, "Barack Obama has failed America."

Looks like it will all depend on the economy, Carville is hysterical.

Romney has a good chance in the general election, however he'll never get there. GOP will never nominate him.

Romney has a good chance in the general election, however he'll never get there. GOP will never nominate him.

I'm afraid you might be correct.

What do you think is the main issue to keep the GOP from doing it? I think if the poll numbers are high enough, I don't think they will have much of a choice to if they're smart.

But then again, politics isn't always require the brightest decision makers when it comes to people who try to play "king maker."

I'm afraid you might be correct.

What do you think is the main issue to keep the GOP from doing it? I think if the poll numbers are high enough, I don't think they will have much of a choice to if they're smart.

But then again, politics isn't always require the brightest decision makers when it comes to people who try to play "king maker."

The biggest issue is the GOP purety test. All of the old positions he took while in Mass. just will not do for todays Republicans. He's got to do to many flip flops to reconcile the Mass. Romney with todays Romney. Also,I hope I am wrong on this point but I do not think the Evangelicals will vote for a Morman.

The biggest issue is the GOP purety test. All of the old positions he took while in Mass. just will not do for todays Republicans. He's got to do to many flip flops to reconcile the Mass. Romney with todays Romney. Also,I hope I am wrong on this point but I do not think the Evangelicals will vote for a Morman.

Well, history showed that the same question was asked when Kennedy ran for office. In fact, from what I remember in research, there was a considerable amount of hatred towards Kennedy for that reason that it was almost as vile (if not more so) than what was thrown at Clinton, Bush, and Obama.

Personally, I don't have a problem with voting for a Mormon, my main issue is that he keeps pandering to the religious right.

Tell you what, if Hillary ran, I'd vote for her, though.

Well, history showed that the same question was asked when Kennedy ran for office. In fact, from what I remember in research, there was a considerable amount of hatred towards Kennedy for that reason that it was almost as vile (if not more so) than what was thrown at Clinton, Bush, and Obama.

Personally, I don't have a problem with voting for a Mormon, my main issue is that he keeps pandering to the religious right.

Tell you what, if Hillary ran, I'd vote for her, though.

The reason he keeps pandering to the religious right is because they are almost exclusively Republican and have a huge sway in the primary process. Back in '60 they were more evenly distributed, allowing Kennedy to get the nomination and the election.

Archived