Why Is Dominique Sachsa Or Any Local Reporter Going To Cover The Royal Wedding?

sifuwong

Let the national news do that. Seems to me that the local stations should concentrate on the local area which is what they're suppose to do.

Things don't have to make sense. Why should the national news provide extensive coverage of the wedding of irrelevant royalty? Who cares?

News? There hasn't been a real newscast since the 1970's. Now they're nothing but opinion pieces and commentaries on popular culture and with a good dose of dramatic fear mongering posing as breaking 'news' stories.

News? There hasn't been a real newscast since the 1970's. Now they're nothing but opinion pieces and commentaries on popular culture and with a good dose of dramatic fear mongering posing as breaking 'news' stories.

Is Dominique Sachse British? I thought stations only sent members of that racial or ethnic group to cover stories concerning those groups. The Hispanic reporters cover stories on Hispanics. The blacks cover stories on blacks. The Asians cover Asians. So is Sachse Dominique's married or maiden name? If it's her maiden name, i guess you could make a stretch and say it's the Saxon part of Anglo-Saxon.

Let the national news do that. Seems to me that the local stations should concentrate on the local area which is what they're suppose to do.

You must be new in town. KPRC got out of the business of reporting "real news" a long time ago, when it was taken over by the Post-Newsweek Corp. For nearly 20 years now, KPRC has relied on shallow news stories with lots of flashy graphics, in a fast-paced style designed for people with low IQ's and short attention spans.

It's the perfect lead-in show for Entertainment Tonight. Sometimes you can't tell where one ends and the other begins. They're practically seamless.

I'm not surprised they're sending Dominique to London. Not sending her would be the real surprise.

BTW, for Firebird65, Dominique's maiden name is Sachse, and you're right about its Saxon origin. It's an old Prussian/German name.

How infantile does one have to be to care about a royal wedding?????

You could make that same argument about pretty much anything that gets watched on TV. The days of TV news being a "public service" are long gone. It's a business. If it's profitable to send someone to cover the wedding then they'll do it and providing live reports from an event tends to drive ratings.

I agree that it seems a bit ridiculous for local media to be covering the hoopla. Really, are the local teams going to be given more access to anything than the big network morning/evening teams? I think not.

One thing that I did find interesting on tonight's 13 newscast though, Ilona Carson is there and she reported that the footmen who ride standing up on the backs of the carriages, with their funny full dress outfits, will actually be carrying glocks. They are to be part of the security team.

One thing that I did find interesting on tonight's 13 newscast though, Ilona Carson is there and she reported that the footmen who ride standing up on the backs of the carriages, with their funny full dress outfits, will actually be carrying glocks. They are to be part of the security team.

I wouldn't have been able to sleep without knowing this important information.

Same here. I'm sick of it.

I'll take this coverage over a drunken, drug-crazed Hollywood celebrity any day. Plus, after Friday, it'll be over and done. I lived in London in the 70's and it's nice to see many of the places that I'd gone way back when.

This past weekend at Easter dinner, my mother asked with a straight face: doesn't anyone believe in weddings anymore?

After we were done talking down the royals and dissecting our own bad marriages we moved to on to talk about Brangelina, and finally car engines. I don't know which was worse, frankly. It's all uselessbull masquerading as conversation.

This past weekend at Easter dinner, my mother asked with a straight face: doesn't anyone believe in weddings anymore?

After we were done talking down the royals and dissecting our own bad marriages we moved to on to talk about Brangelina, and finally car engines. I don't know which was worse, frankly. It's all uselessbull masquerading as conversation.

Just smile and nod. At least you weren't talking about Obamabirth or Trumphair in Aggieland.

• 1 year later...

She also went to London for a few days in this Olympics too....and why was she the one to go when they have so many other reporters too...sounds like she has been getting royal treatment at the station...then again she wanted Linda Lorelle's job and got Linda fired too.

• 2 weeks later...

the Chronicle praises her, etc...it's like a crime to attack local personalities in Houston..they're all in the loop together

we need real media in Houston...if so-and-so from channel x marries Dr. so-and-so, it's the royal couple and they can't be talked about

I'll take this coverage over a drunken, drug-crazed Hollywood celebrity any day. Plus, after Friday, it'll be over and done. I lived in London in the 70's and it's nice to see many of the places that I'd gone way back when.

So you don;t live in houston anymore?

• The title was changed to Why Is Dominique Sachsa Or Any Local Reporter Going To Cover The Royal Wedding?

Archived