Wilson Building At 500 Fannin St.

Subdude

• 1 month later...
Definitely lofts. Perfect for the area. Not pretentious, not ritzy but very urban and hip, with quick access to quality nightlife. I've been wondering if and when someone would step up and take advantage of its location.

I think that is a great idea as well. Anyone intersted in an investment opporunity? If so please email me at thepalmlofts@hotmail.com

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow... new to forum... been a fan of Houston since I was born. Saw this building on the site and had to join. I have been eyeing this building for several months. I would always walk by and dream. Don't have near enough to buy the place, but I see so much potential... if I could just win that lottery, we'd have some new lofts for our bustling downtown!

Wow... new to forum... been a fan of Houston since I was born. Saw this building on the site and had to join. I have been eyeing this building for several months. I would always walk by and dream. Don't have near enough to buy the place, but I see so much potential... if I could just win that lottery, we'd have some new lofts for our bustling downtown!

Welcome to HAIF. I'm also a big fan of this building. Here are some more pics.(taken a couple months ago)

P2110478.jpg

P2110484.jpg

P2110479.jpg

The builing next to it looks like it was fixed up a bit, but it's still boarded up. Maybe they ran out of money or are waiting for someone to buy it off them.

P2110485.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
She's a beaute.

It looks like someone finally bought this building. When I walked by today, scaffolding was going up around the awning and there were construction workers going in and out of the building. Has anyone heard what is planned for this space?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

post-7193-0-65791100-1303158503_thumb.jp
A private partnership called 500 Fannin LLC has purchased the historic downtown building at the corner of Fannin and Prarie.

1932 building originally housed the Wilson Stationery & Printing Co. and was most recently owned by Hilcorp Realty.

The

The new owners plan to renovate the four-story building, which also has a basement, and rent it out to commercial tenants.

Downtown Redevelopment Authority. The grant is subject to the completion of the construction of the façade and starts in the authority's fiscal year 2012.

The developer will have the help of a recently approved historic preservation grant of about $888,000 from the

The Downtown Redevelopment Authority operates the tax increment reinvestment zone that encompasses 60 downtown city blocks. In such zones, some of the property taxes collected from property owners in the area are set aside for reinvestment in the zone.

The building has about 30,000-square-feet of space, including a basement.

Nothing spectacular, but it will certainly be an improvement over what's there now. Hopefully they include street-level retail, it sort of looks that way from the rendering but who knows.

• Like 4

post-7193-0-65791100-1303158503_thumb.jp

Nothing spectacular, but it will certainly be an improvement over what's there now. Hopefully they include street-level retail, it sort of looks that way from the rendering but who knows.

That is great news! I like that building, but in its present condition it is one of the biggest eyesores downtown. I hope they are successful with this redevelopment.

• Like 1

I sincerely had no clue which building people were talking about until I saw the photos.

For the longest time, I remember watching that sad building with broken windows, but I don't ever remember it being boarded up the way that it currently is now.

When did that happen?

th_P1010612.jpg

th_P1010613.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I sincerely had no clue which building people were talking about until I saw the photos.

For the longest time, I remember watching that sad building with broken windows, but I don't ever remember it being boarded up the way that it currently is now.

When did that happen?

th_P1010612.jpg

th_P1010613.jpg

I think a brewery would be nice here.

• 7 months later...

I've seen workers coming and going from the building for a couple of months now.

There is a big hole cut in one of the upper floors where it was boarded up previously.

That is really great news. This always seemed like a building with a lot of potential - it was sad to see it sit unused for so many years.

• Like 1

That is really great news. This always seemed like a building with a lot of potential - it was sad to see it sit unused for so many years.

They're going to town now. Walked over there at lunch (Hubcap Grill burgers are entirely decent) and took this pic:

idregz.jpg

• Like 3