AppleTree Markets

IronTiger

You're thinking of the Fiesta on Braeswood @ Gessner.

No, I know the Fiesta on Fondren was a Kroger, as was the Braeswood and Gessner location.  I went to both of them, but mainly the W. Bellfort and Fondren location.  

• 1 month later...
Jack in the Box

5806 MLK

4801 Almeda

8327 Long Point

1902 North Main

3410 Old Spanish Trail

2727 Hillcroft

527 West Southmore

5310 West Bellfort

1270 Spencer

5302 Airline

12310 Kingsride

4302 Westheimer

9310 Stella Link

6109 Kirby

2602 South Shepherd

1041 Uvalde

902 Decker

3425 Ella

6901 Bellfort

2203 Strawberry

763 11st Street

14502 Memorial

18005 El Camino Real

5127 Gulfway

1104 Jefferson

5410 Cavalcade

10804 Behmer

11602 Bellaire

1410 Nederland

109 Highway 6

3327 Red Bluff

2200 Navarro

2804 Pine

1104 Dallas

20203 Katy Freeway

1601 West Main

801 Main

5602 Richmond

5104 Kirby

5804 Eastex Freeway

10901 Bellaire

15806 Northwest Freeway

7203 East Freeway

17203 East Freeway

2527 Clinton

631 Highway 146

160 Main

2327 Texas

Edited by ArchMemoH

• 1 year later...
On 7/19/2013 at 9:20 PM, crooow579 said:

And to add to the list of Houston-area Safeway stores, there was one at Cypress N. Houston and Huffmeister.  It's now a Food Town.  I recall a location in Quail Valley (Missouri City area) but I couldn't tell you where exactly.  And there was one near NASA-I recall it was small and the street sign had the circle S logo painted on a small square sign.  

Necroposting ... the Hooper's Minimax was at 2601 Cartwright Road in Missouri City. I worked there in high school. It was a Gerlands before then, and it's a gym now.

• 3 years later...

brucesw (post 44)

Please excuse my intrusion. I ran across your post looking for a clue as to what happened with Jumbo on Westheimer.  I worked at the Jumbo Superstore on Westheimer when I was ~20 & first moved to Houston (~'77) and Peter Louie hired me to work at his store.  That store was bigger than anything else around.  It had live seafood tanks, fish, meat, a deli, produce, shelf stable, frozen, & specialty items.  All of these lines included both domestic and imports from around the world.  It had everything.  It was a great store accessible to all and a great layout.  That building held dreams of freedom that came true and pride in a job well done (Peter Louie had escaped from mainland China when he was younger).  He was an amazing man who loved that building and was always a kind and generous man to anyone who walked through it's portals.  -B

Edited by Bfuqua

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/16/2020 at 8:22 PM, Bfuqua said:

brucesw (post 44)

Please excuse my intrusion. I ran across your post looking for a clue as to what happened with Jumbo on Westheimer.  I worked at the Jumbo Superstore on Westheimer when I was ~20 & first moved to Houston (~'77) and Peter Louie hired me to work at his store.  That store was bigger than anything else around.  It had live seafood tanks, fish, meat, a deli, produce, shelf stable, frozen, & specialty items.  All of these lines included both domestic and imports from around the world.  It had everything.  It was a great store accessible to all and a great layout.  That building held dreams of freedom that came true and pride in a job well done (Peter Louie had escaped from mainland China when he was younger).  He was an amazing man who loved that building and was always a kind and generous man to anyone who walked through it's portals.  -B

I worked for Peter Louie, Richard Wong and the Kwong brothers at the Jumbo at 10250 Westheimer (across the street from Texas Instruments) starting in late 1975 until 1979. That store is long gone, passed by a while back but don’t recall the business there now.

it was a fine store, well run and Mr. Louie was a very good man. I enjoyed my time there and have fond memories of those days. 

• The title was changed to AppleTree Markets