Murders Of Fred And Edwina Rogers

devonhart

Gruesome, but interesting. Odd that the son vanished and was never heard from again. One supposes that back then it must have been easier to pull a Don Draper and change identities.

A quick look at Wikip. and the story gets yet stranger. The son is also suspected of involvement in the Kennedy assassination by conspiracy buffs.

Gruesome, but interesting. Odd that the son vanished and was never heard from again. One supposes that back then it must have been easier to pull a Don Draper and change identities. A quick look at Wikip. and the story gets yet stranger. The son is also suspected of involvement in the Kennedy assassination by conspiracy buffs.

To this day, the murders of Fred and Edwina Rogers remains Houston's bloodiest and most sensational unsolved mystery. Countless stories have been written about it, and it's even spilled over into the netherworld of Kennedy Assassination Conspiracy Lunacy. Some of those moon bats believe the suspected killer, the Rogers' son Charles Rogers, was involved in the Kennedy assassination. Don't believe it. There's not a shred of credible evidence, but that has never stopped those conspiracy nuts from thinking Rogers was there, in Dealy Plaza or somewhere behind the grassy knoll.

Here's more about this story in the Wikipedia, and it should be remembered that the Wikipedia is NOT the most reliable source of accurate and true information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Rogers_(murder_suspect)

The Rogers family lived at 1815 Driscoll St., which is in the Hyde Park section of the Montrose area, just east of South Shepherd and just south of West Gray behind the River Oaks Shopping Center. Check page 492-R of your handy Key Map.

The Rogers house isn't there anymore. That lot now has a townhouse on it, but the house next door has been there for a long time. I wonder if the current residents know what happened next door to them those many years ago.

• 3 years later...

With respect to the topics above let me state this. I am the co-author of The Ice Box Murders. By profession I am a CPA and a forensic accountant. Starting in October 1997, my wife and I spent 5+ years researching the case, tracking Charles F. Rogers, piecing together the crime, the family, their activities, and all the activities and the subsequent trail of Charles F. Rogers. We also obtained many of Charles' books and personal notes. In the process of our research we interviewed over a 100 people that were not interviewed by HPD, we did over a hundred TORA and FOIA requests, we reviewed countless unreleased pictures, crime scene information, and traveled extensively documenting our book. Charles Rogers did not disappear off the face of the Earth. His movements were consistent with his previous activities and his intended purposes. Our book, The Ice Box Murders, is now available in the Amazon Kindle Store. Our website for our book is: http://iceboxmurders.com . There has been so much misinformation about this case, the victims, and the suspect over the decades that we hope our book will answer many of the questions.

• 2 weeks later...

I was 9 when it happened, I remember it very clearly, the murdered family had the same last

name as my friend down the street.

This is the first time I've seen this report. There are many things that are inconsistent in this report: (1) Charles Rogers did not speak multiple languages. His graduate school transcript from the University of Texas at Austin is reflective of that, (2) the 1954 Cadillac in the driveway belonged to Edwina Rogers. It had been up on blocks for a couple of weeks while their handyman worked on it, (3) the house was not neat. With the exception of Charles' upstairs room, the house was a complete shambles which made it very difficult to identify evidence, (4) as a point of fact, Charles F. Rogers was not a recluse. He did have a girlfriend, and he did have a social life. He rarely came back to Houston, (5) one of the things that is reflective of this are photos taken inside his room showing brand new pots on a hot plate, (6) the homicide investigation was effectively shut-down by the "higher-up's". It took years for us to determine that, but after spending 5+ years researching and investigating this case, talking to former homicide detectives on the case, interviewing over 100 people that were not interviewed by HPD, doing scores of FOIA and TORA requests, and going through thousands of documents it became obvious why Charles Rogers wasn't pursued. If you are going to take a hard look at this case, look at what Fred Rogers did for decades; he was a bookie. A lot of people up and down the line knew him as such and there wasn't a great deal of upset when he was murdered. There was a whole lot of concern, however, with respect to what happened to Fred's "little black book". See our book website at http://iceboxmurders.com and read our book, "The Ice Box Murders", available in the Amazon Kindle Store. It will explode a number of myths about this case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I was 15 yrs old and living on Driscoll down toward Westheimer at the time. Recalled seeing it on TV that evening. Rode my bike down to the house to have a look.I. noticed

later the house was always vacant. And then it was gone oneday.I stopped one time when I saw a neighbor outside (to the right) and ask him about the property.He had just bought it for taxes.I see it recently sold a few years ago for over $500,000.

7 hours ago, bonappettit said:

I was 15 yrs old and living on Driscoll down toward Westheimer at the time. Recalled seeing it on TV that evening. Rode my bike down to the house to have a look.I. noticed

later the house was always vacant. And then it was gone oneday.I stopped one time when I saw a neighbor outside (to the right) and ask him about the property.He had just bought it for taxes.I see it recently sold a few years ago for over $500,000.

It was actually just half the property that sold for over $500,000. The lot was redeveloped into two townhouses, each of which has recently sold for more than $500,000.

• The title was changed to Refrigerator Murders
  • The title was changed to Murders Of Fred And Edwina Rogers

Archived