HAIFinancial Challenge 2010-11

Highway6

I missed out!

Can I still join!?!?!

Just give me shares of Apple if I can.

I can add you as an unofficial contestant with last Friday's Apple price.

But since there's a prize involved, and since we are already seeing gains and losses, I'm not sure if its fair to make you an official contestant, eligible for the prize.

That's up to the rest of the participants, if its okay with them, its okay with me.

I can add you as an unofficial contestant with last Friday's Apple price.

But since there's a prize involved, and since we are already seeing gains and losses, I'm not sure if its fair to make you an official contestant, eligible for the prize.

That's up to the rest of the participants, if its okay with them, its okay with me.

Either way I am good, official or unofficial. :D

Week 2 update:

U080570 is doing quite well.

20thdad is doing quite poorly.

native_Houstonian has been all over the place.

The rest of us are just hovering at the starting line.

I'm just waiting for the bounce. All mine have to do is go up $1 each and I blow everyone away.

FMNJ Is worth 0 per share.

Not even debating the strategy in buying $500 worth of a stock that has had zero value for the last 2 years, You can't buy $500 worth of something valued at nothing. It is impossible.

You need to pick another stock today or I'm putting your $1000 all in your 2nd stock.

It's OTC and it's 0.0001 a share... Dont know if that's good or bad... :)

Anyway the board can be changed? I just got ILIU the other day too. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Haif Financial Challenge has ended and the winner is.....

inconclusive at this moment.

It's probably U080570.. but it's showing 20thdad

Full Scoreboard.

20thdad's AIB stock did a jump in value last week, but it was like an adjustment as if the price was that way all along.

Prior to last week... The AIB stock price for the start date, Dec 17th, was shown to be 1.23

Now its showing the stock price for the same day to be 6.15.

This happened in the last challenge too as a result of a stock split, though that does not appear to be the reason this time.

Anyone know what happened or why stocks do this ?

20th... If we adjusted your AIB to reflect the historical stock price of today... at 6.15 a share, you'd have been able to purchase 81.3 shares ($500 worth) instead of the 406.5 shares. And at today's price of 3.54, those 81 shares would be worth $287.8

2r56bt5.jpg

rwjgih.jpg

Full Scoreboard.

20thdad's AIB stock did a jump in value last week, but it was like an adjustment as if the price was that way all along.

Prior to last week... The AIB stock price for the start date, Dec 17th, was shown to be 1.23

This happened in the last challenge too as a result of a stock split, though that does not appear to be the reason this time.

20th... If we adjusted your AIB to reflect the historical stock price of today... at 6.15 a share, you'd have been able to purchase 81.3 shares ($500 worth) instead of the 406.5 shares. And at today's price of 3.54, those 81 shares would be worth $287.8

2r56bt5.jpg

rwjgih.jpg

Yeah I don't know what happened to the AIB stock, it just went up. Honestly, I'm just in it for the fun. If U080570 says he's interested in the prize at all, it's his. That yellow line is pretty awesome. Last or 2nd to last the whole time, then BAM!

Yeah I don't know what happened to the AIB stock, it just went up. Honestly, I'm just in it for the fun. If U080570 says he's interested in the prize at all, it's his. That yellow line is pretty awesome. Last or 2nd to last the whole time, then BAM!

Im not a stock market expert by any means (not even a novice)....if 20th's stock went up that much -- then he won...that's one of the little things I have learned about the stock market -- you can't figure it out!!!

Congrats 20 !!

Im just happy my SIRI keeps going up since I bought a bunch of it with my "real" money ....

• 3 months later...

Full Scoreboard.

2r56bt5.jpg

rwjgih.jpg

Just FYI

1tvvx3.png

Contest is long over, but . . .

LTAWACS has over $8,000 now, just saying. :blink:

Just FYI

Contest is long over, but . . .

LTAWACS has over $8,000 now, just saying. :blink:

That's not correct. The same thing happened to Ltwacs that happened to 20thstDad.

There was a 10-1 split. When Ltawacs purchased on Dec 17th, the price of citibank was 4.70 per share.

http://www.google.com/finance?q=C

But now, the link above, google shows that the historical price per share was 47.00 on the 17th.

Which means a) he only would have been able to purchase 21.2, not 212 shares and b ) at today's price of 38.16, he would have have losses of about 20% right now.

When there's a split, if you have real stocks.. everything is done automatically. But for our spreadsheet.. I have to go in manually and change the purchase price and # of shares... Done.

• 7 months later...

Archived