European Super Collider

Has anyone read or seen any new information on the initial fire up of this European Collider, I followed the building of ours for a brief time but the news was very limited and nothing much was ever printed. There was a story that the project had been canceled because of the Fire Ants eating sensitive wiring underground, can't say whether this was true or not but just what I had heard at the time. It seemed like a good answer knowing they built it in a cotton field :rolleyes: Looking back on it just maybe it was more of a political pork project for the locals than much else. Then reading some of these articles it gets very interesting to the point where I'd like to know just what has been discovered so far.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-hadronssc_11met.ART.Central.Edition1.26cc9f4.html

http://sciencestage.com/resources/insider-s-guide-large-hadron-collider-0

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/09/collider_excerpt/

It was said that there is a 1 in 50 million chance our planet would implode when the major test of colliding is performed , which by the way I guess has not been attempted.

Even said there could be a miniature black hole with minuscule power, something on the order of a small light bulb. Man that would make me want to work there :wacko:

The major discovery they are looking for is the birth of the Universe and materials or solids derived from the big bang, they say the temperatures would exceed something like 100,000 times hotter than our sun!! All too much for my feeble mind, still how do you get something from nothing? If the Universe as we know it did not exist before the big bang whut to hell was out there..

It was said that there is a 1 in 50 million chance our planet would implode when the major test of colliding is performed , which by the way I guess has not been attempted.

Even said there could be a miniature black hole with minuscule power, something on the order of a small light bulb. Man that would make me want to work there :wacko:

The major discovery they are looking for is the birth of the Universe and materials or solids derived from the big bang, they say the temperatures would exceed something like 100,000 times hotter than our sun!! All too much for my feeble mind, still how do you get something from nothing? If the Universe as we know it did not exist before the big bang whut to hell was out there..

The implosion/black hole fears are real... at least on paper. There is something called a dead matter star (or something akin to that) that turn ordinary matter into a kind of quark-gluon plasma on contact. There are some in the scientific community that believe there is a very real chance this could happen once the machine goes into full operational mode.

Also, by some calculations, that minuscule black hole will consume our planet somewhere in between 50 and 150 years. Who knows? Only one way to find out.

The birth of the Universe is likely not the major discover they are looking for... as that would take an machine orders of magnitude more powerful than this one. They are primarily looking for the higgs boson. :) And I read somewhere (I could and most likely am wrong) that temps will exceed 700,000 times Sol temp.

And we (or the Universe) did not get something for nothing. Our universe is a result of brane collisions... at least on paper that is... and it works nicely... on paper that is...

As for your last question... what was out there... branes... or something like that... :)

I'm all in favor of doing science experiments for the sake of science, but certain things I don't understand the point of. This is one of them.

Basically.... we want to know where mass comes from. We think it's the higgs boson... but we won't be sure until we find it.

We can also use thing machine to run other experiments...

But please keep in mind... that we are almost at the limits of what our technology can test about our theories. Meaning... our technology is mostly at its limits of the theories it can test.

Basically.... we want to know where mass comes from. We think it's the higgs boson... but we won't be sure until we find it.

We can also use thing machine to run other experiments...

But please keep in mind... that we are almost at the limits of what our technology can test about our theories. Meaning... our technology is mostly at its limits of the theories it can test.

I was just discussing something similar with a friend last night.

our ability to see and measure stuff that small is the problem.

it's like trying to measure 1/32 of an inch with a yard stick that only has the inches marked on it. the measurement is just too coarse, and you have to eyeball it.

what it is really deep and crafty in the deepness and craftiness level is that each collision is it's own big bang, we can't measure stuff at a minute enough level, and what is fractions of a second within our time scale could be hundreds of billions of years relative to the particles themselves, in effect, our universe could have been born from a collision in some super universe, that is contained within another super universe.

our galaxy could be nothing more than a higgs bosun created within another super collider, and our solar system/planet is a smaller particle that make up that higgs bosun, but because our measurements can't see particles that small, we have no idea. We also can't see other particles because we can't even see the edge of our universe (which is just the particles created from a collision, and what is billions of light years for us is just fractions of a nano meter, and other particles are quadrillions of light years away, or mere inches, in this other bigger universe).

to read my other writings see articles written under my pen-name "crazy shit I think of while other people are high cause it's funny to talk to them about this shit when they're high" be prepared to read about other subjects though, like "what if the ocean was filled with lemonade", and "can you really feel your hand with your other hand"

I was just discussing something similar with a friend last night.

our ability to see and measure stuff that small is the problem.

it's like trying to measure 1/32 of an inch with a yard stick that only has the inches marked on it. the measurement is just too coarse, and you have to eyeball it.

what it is really deep and crafty in the deepness and craftiness level is that each collision is it's own big bang, we can't measure stuff at a minute enough level, and what is fractions of a second within our time scale could be hundreds of billions of years relative to the particles themselves, in effect, our universe could have been born from a collision in some super universe, that is contained within another super universe.

our galaxy could be nothing more than a higgs bosun created within another super collider, and our solar system/planet is a smaller particle that make up that higgs bosun, but because our measurements can't see particles that small, we have no idea. We also can't see other particles because we can't even see the edge of our universe (which is just the particles created from a collision, and what is billions of light years for us is just fractions of a nano meter, and other particles are quadrillions of light years away, or mere inches, in this other bigger universe).

to read my other writings see articles written under my pen-name "crazy shit I think of while other people are high cause it's funny to talk to them about this shit when they're high" be prepared to read about other subjects though, like "what if the ocean was filled with lemonade", and "can you really feel your hand with your other hand"

Doggone it, now you got me holding hands with myself.

"to read my other writings see articles written under my pen-name "crazy shit I think of while other people are high cause it's funny to talk to them about this shit when they're high" be prepared to read about other subjects though, like "what if the ocean was filled with lemonade", and "can you really feel your hand with your other hand" "

I'm kind of high right now. Can you explain what gravity is?

Archived