Wells Fargo Plaza: Office Skyscraper At 1000 Louisiana St.

Montrose1100

Does the wells fargo building have a sky lobby accessible to the public? The website mentions it but does not mention who it's available for.

Yes, it is open to the public. On the tunnel level there is an elevator that goes all the way to it. That's how I usually get to it. Note that there are actually two such sky lobbies in the building on different floors, one on 20-something and one on 50-something or so.

Also, the JP Morgan Chase tower has an observation deck. These face against each other, so you can see most of downtown by going up in these two buildings. There is also a small observation window in the Bank of America building that faces Allen Parkway. This Bank of America one is very unadvertised, but just take the elevator bank to the highest floor available from the lobby and you'll see a sign that says "No public beyond this floor".

Edited by kylejack

Yes, it is open to the public. On the tunnel level there is an elevator that goes all the way to it. That's how I usually get to it. Note that there are actually two such sky lobbies in the building on different floors, one on 20-something and one on 50-something or so.

Also, the JP Morgan Chase tower has an observation deck. These face against each other, so you can see most of downtown by going up in these two buildings. There is also a small observation window in the Bank of America building that faces Allen Parkway. This Bank of America one is very unadvertised, but just take the elevator bank to the highest floor available from the lobby and you'll see a sign that says "No public beyond this floor".

Great, I had seen most post about the chase building and one for the BOFA building, Just wasn't sure about wells fargo. I'll give it a shot sometime next week and post some pics in the HAIF flickr group. Thanks

• 3 months later...
Are any of these observation decks open on Sunday? Does anyone know?

Yeah, hours would be cool.

I didn't see any at WFs website http://www.wellsfargoplaza.com/Home.axis

And found this:

Regular building business hours are 7:00am to 7:00pm, Monday through Friday. Property Management Office hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. The 60th floor Sky Lobby is open for public viewing during regular business hours. The Building and Property Management Office are closed on the following holidays:

http://www.chasetower.com/sub-frameset.htm

Yeah, hours would be cool.

I didn't see any at WFs website http://www.wellsfargoplaza.com/Home.axis

And found this:

Regular building business hours are 7:00am to 7:00pm, Monday through Friday. Property Management Office hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. The 60th floor Sky Lobby is open for public viewing during regular business hours. The Building and Property Management Office are closed on the following holidays:

http://www.chasetower.com/sub-frameset.htm

Yes, I saw that on the Chase website about their hours. But, I was hoping someone would reply, "Just walk on in and go to the 60th floor, and you can walk right in....."

Yes, I saw that on the Chase website about their hours. But, I was hoping someone would reply, "Just walk on in and go to the 60th floor, and you can walk right in....."

I think it is the 34th floor. I worked in that building for five years. There may be another one up higher, but there is one somewhere in the 30s.

Nope. The Wells Fargo one is open later but the Chase one closes at 5 or sometimes 4.

• 4 years later...

I notice the tunnel level water wall has been off for the past few months. I remember some workers working on it earlier this year for a while then they left and the water was gone.

Is the water wall permanently gone now?

I assume some bean counter decided they would rather save a few bucks than continue one of their nice building amenities that many folks enjoyed.

It is off for good I believe. It has been shut off for years (5+). It was too much up keep.

Eh, I kinda have a hard time believing that it would be "too much" for the owners of the second tallest building in Houston to keep up, lol. 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Does anyone know if this skylobby is still closed to the public?  We were able to get up there a few years ago in full business suits, and cameras hidden in our briefcases.  Wondering if anything has changed.

I never have any problems going up there. I go in on the tunnel level and take the elevator from there straight to the upper sky lobby (there's a middle and upper). However, I recommended it to a friend. When he went with his children and asked Security where the elevator was, they were told it wasn't open to the public and turned away. So while I don't think it is closed to the public (no signage indicated it is), Security may not be on the same page about that.

I say go for it, just don't ask where the elevator is. It's clearly marked on tunnel level.

It looks like from this article last year that it is closed to the public, but I am sure you can get away with it if you dress and act like you belong  ;)

http://www.chron.com/homes/commercial/article/Some-of-Houston-s-best-views-are-going-private-4735971.php

At Wells Fargo Plaza, 1000 Louisiana, two-story "sky lobbies" on the 34/35th and 57/58th floors are no longer open to the public.

A building representative said Thursday she didn't know how long the viewing lobbies had been closed.

• 3 weeks later...