Memorial City North At I-10 & Gessner Rd.

halenstone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Northwest Corner by MetroNational - I-10 & Gessner
  • The title was changed to Northwest Corner by MetroNational: I-10 & Gessner
  • 2 months later...

How the owners of Kirby Ice House are opening a new bar during a pandemic

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/bar-open-pandemic-kirby-ice-house-houston-texas-15344892.php

The original Kirby Ice House has reopened and customers are being directed to enter and exit through the yard. Most wear masks when they enter the bar and take them off once they’re seated at a table, Morgan said.

Bars in Texas are allowed to open at 50 percent occupancy. The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission warned in a Tweet this week that businesses can have their licenses suspended if they are not following state-mandated guidelines.

Morgan is implementing new safety protocols to help avoid having to close either of his locations because of an infection.

Employees wear gloves and masks and are temperature checked; furniture is spaced six-feet apart; sanitizing stations have been added and new cleaning procedures implemented; Apple pay and other wireless payments are accepted. This week, Morgan met with a company that supplies antimicrobial spray that claims to provide protection from viruses. He plans to use the spray in the bars.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This isn't technically the correct location/thread, but I couldn't find anything better by searching... the old Goode Co. Seafood building right behind the new one is currently being demolished. I read once awhile back that there were plans for an office tower there, but not sure what the plans are at this point. 

Edited by asubrt
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, asubrt said:

This isn't technically the correct location/thread, but I couldn't find anything better by searching... the old Goode Co. Seafood building right behind the new one is currently being demolished. I read once awhile back that there were plans for an office tower there, but not sure what the plans are at this point. 

I doubt they are building an office building right now since they paused on the 10 Story building they had going up on Bunker Hill. Maybe they are getting it ready for a future building or maybe another multifamily project. 

• The title was changed to Northwest Corner By MetroNational: I-10 & Gessner
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Memorial City North at I-10 & Gessner
8 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

Strange. It is the Brava, and that's the bigger McNair Tower to the right.

It was on a page of examples of their work in "Rendering & Visualization", so not really so strange.

That is also where the renderings came from that Urbanizer posted above, so they are very possibly not meaningful with regard to Memorial City North.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

It was on a page of examples of their work in "Rendering & Visualization", so not really so strange.

That is also where the renderings came from that Urbanizer posted above, so they are very possibly not meaningful with regard to Memorial City North.

It's strange to me the McNair Tower is on the potential Hotel Equinox/ROD, and that the Brava is taking over some Afton Oaks lots. Especially since both have full blown renderings on their actual locations. Also weird there's like a 432 Park Ave in between them in... West Oaks?

The location for Memorial City North looks correct (given the building to the east is 10100 Katy Freeway).

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Memorial City North at I-10 & Gessner Rd.
8 hours ago, apendido said:

This is where Enterprise car rental and a self storage place currently are. 

Also, where is the 10190 Katy Freeway office building?

10190 Katy Frwy Building East side of Conrad Sauer at the freeway.

Edited by Ross

15 hours ago, apendido said:

This is where Enterprise car rental and a self storage place currently are. 

Also, where is the 10190 Katy Freeway office building?

Actually, the site of this building is about a block east of the Enterprise. It's in between the retention pond and the Cemex building.

On 6/21/2022 at 1:09 PM, kennyc05 said:

I was looking through their site last night and they had a rendering in the Galleria area of a tower that looked like the Brava tower downtown. 

Screenshot_20220621-140907_Chrome.jpg

In my opinion, this is pretty unethical behavior, unless they are contracted by both KP or Munoz+Albin or received licenses to duplicate their Instruments of Service in order to publish this image. I can understanding doing renderings like this in house with other like type buildings as mockups, but this seems to me to be a violation of copyright. Its literally a one to one copy as well, which would make these derivative works. If I was the architect who owned the Instruments of Service to these buildings, I would have already sent a DMCA.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Memorial City North At I-10 & Gessner Rd.